• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is wharfedale W60 purple tweeter shoe-in replacement for W70D?

Register to hide this ad
It should work, on the W70D there is a fiberboard adapter that the tweeter bolts to, then that assembly bolts into the cabinet.
 
Those purple tweeters have a real weak spot: the leads are aluminum and they tend to deteriorate right where they meet that purple dome. If yours are still okay, great, but be warned.
 
Tweeter peeled off in my w70Ds. I got replacement from kinda Aker. I am yet to check them for continuity. Ad popped up for W60D but it turned out to be W60...
 
I have used the W-60 in a W-90 with great results. It was an exact fit and actually looked identical to the original. I see no problems at all.
 
No. Not sure which ones are which, but some of them used a cone tweeter, some of them used purple domes.
 
Wharfedale used those purple tweeters in a lot of models. I have a pair of Linton 2's (AKA W30D) that had one go bad. If its the corroded Leads they can be repaired, but way beyond my soldering skills. I ended up trading mine in at a local place for another purple tweeter that I think they said came from a W60 that was parted out.
 
Back
Top Bottom