• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

jaymanaa / Urizen's Amp Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chickenheads rule. :smoke:

buckethead.jpg
 
After reading this thread and seeing that fecking Amp....were it it anyone else I would hate you both....:drool:
 
Hey Celt, how much do you have to love a guy before you go through a couple 100 NOS AB Carbon Comps to find a couple matching pairs (hot or cold). Heck, I don't even do this stuff for my amps. I'm too good to this Johny Reb.:D
 
Last edited:
Where in the hell is Micah these days? I sure as hell hope we didn't lose another exceptional mind here at AK. They sure are hard to come by.:smoke: Cough
 
Here's a pic of the SS delay timer that will keep the high tension turned off (through a relay) untill the bias voltage gets plenty of time to build and the tubes get snuggy warm. I had originally tried a similar timer with an adjustment dial on the front, but I couldn't get consistant control from it.:thumbsdn: This one is off an Industrial Trane Chiller and uses a resistor to set the timing. I found that 33k gave me right at 12 seconds.:yes: The second pic sort of shows how complex this rascal is. More complex=more frustration and tweaking to get just right.:smoke: Cough
 
Last edited:
What was was the final scheme you went with? I just went back through a boat load of pages, can't find anything but Keggers. I forgot this was that huge PIG of power iron.:D
 
She's definately a heavy weight. The circuit started off as one in the Acrosound TX catalogue I beleive, but morphed in my pea sized brain. Trouble is. I seldom draw anything out.:no:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom