• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

jaymanaa / Urizen's Amp Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the OP you said you were going to use some 'fancy smansy' ones. Inspired by your amp projects, I am going to order some for a console Ampex and thought I might go 'high end'. What do you like or use?
 
I like Auricaps myself, and they aren't terribly expensive either. I usually get them at Antique Electronic Supply.

Here's the sockets for the 6SN7s Ken. Salvaged from an old Tek scope and polished up.:yes:
 
Last edited:
Cool Cadkid, be sure to give us your opinion when you get them. Be warned though, they will sound harsh in the upper mids untill they run a few hours (or a day or two). I sometimews turn the amp on and leave for awhile (upstairs) to keep my ears from bleeding.:D

Hey Ken, I gots amp parts hangin everywhere mang. Whatcha think of the heavy hide on the PT lams? I think it may work.:yes: The motor runs may get a different color, I'm justy experiemnting with the hammered silver.:scratch2:
 
Whatcha mean by "heavy hide"?:scratch2:

It's a real aggresive "pebbley) splatter, to hide the lams. I'll get a better pic when it's down on the ground. It has about 10 different colrs in it. Here ya go
 
Last edited:
Then you gotta ask yourself; "What the heck is that, and why does this amp need two of them"?:scratch2:
 
Last edited:
OK, now your messin with me.:para::para:

5.gif
 
:scratch2: Now what did I do with that diagram I drew up? :scratch2: Oh, now I remember, I didn't draw one.:no:

:smoke: cough
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom