• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

jaymanaa / Urizen's Amp Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's either three strikes your out, or third times a charm for these outputs. I never did figure out why the primer lifted last go, but I'm using different stuff this time.:smoke:
 
Last edited:
praying.gif
 
Done :smoke: They look real nice with two coats. I think the lifting may have been divine intervention because when I went to get more of the paint, I noticed this color. The other color was a very dark brown and looked ok, but this color (Rustic Umber) has just the slightest touch of red that just sort of "pops" against the red in the Mahogany. Me liky rots.:yes: I can't wait to get everything mounted up top so you can see it. It's a gutsy sort of layout, but I think it's going to work. (I need the little praying smilie here).:yes: I never tell anyone not to sell an amp I built, but I'm hoping this one will be good enough that you really want to keep it for a long time. We know the iron is up to it, all we have to do is give it a deserving circuit and tubes. Piece of cake right?:D
 
Last edited:
Thanks Gary, and I'm glad you like it Ken. I think it was well worth the sanding, so I'm glad the other primer lifted.:yes:
 
Obviously lots of paintin and polishin left, but this will give you the idea. The power TX is under anesthetic and couldn't be disturbed.:D
 
Last edited:
Oooooh, lots of big tubes! :drool: There's lots of painting and polishing to be done still? Where? The thing is gorgeous already! Very fine work. :thmbsp:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom