• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

KC Chiefs player, murder suicide?

Register to hide this ad
Rumor has it the player is Belcher, a line backer. The girlfriend lived about 15 blocks from me. What a terrible tragedy for both families.
 
There's a tweet out there claiming he shot himself in front of Romeo Crennel :yikes:
 
No, I'm just saying that because he MAY have experienced something, doesn't necessarily have a causal relationship to him murdering someone. Using ludicrous examples is just my way of driving the point home.

There's way too much assumption of unsubstantiated causality out there in many different areas. Prove it and reproduce it, and I'll go away, but until I see something hard and definite that indicates causality, I'll be a skeptic, especially with all the agendas out there today.
 
Makes me wonder how many times he has been hit in the head or had concussions.....


That is the first thing I thought. The more we learn about repetitive head injuries and changes in personality, even mental illness, have lead to many of these tragedies. Having suffered a number of concussions thanks to steps, auto accidents and tumbles down tree filled hills after finding out my bikes front breaks were a little grabby. I forgot what I was going to say.

Seriously soon after the last one I was hyper sensitive emotionally and I still struggle for the right words. Head trauma is a bitch. Athletes in contact sports need more protection.
 
One could also presume that he was predisposed to murder someone, and the hits he incurred prevented him from doing it sooner, or in a more dramatic way.

I guess we'll never really know.
 
That is the first thing I thought. The more we learn about repetitive head injuries and changes in personality, even mental illness, have lead to many of these tragedies. Having suffered a number of concussions thanks to steps, auto accidents and tumbles down tree filled hills after finding out my bikes front breaks were a little grabby. I forgot what I was going to say.

Seriously soon after the last one I was hyper sensitive emotionally and I still struggle for the right words. Head trauma is a bitch. Athletes in contact sports need more protection.

As one who played contact (and some combat) sports from childhood into my thirties (roadracing motorcycles put an end to all that) and spent my career in heavy commercial/industrial construction, I've lead a rough and tumble existence, and sustained more concussions than I could begin to count, the most recent concussion occuring in my late forties, some 12 years ago. The knowledge that this has had a deleterious effect on my brain and altered my personality long preceded the recent inquests into same. This fact hasn't been lost on those around me in my life, either.

This may or may not had a role in this incident, but, it bears looking into, and this will no doubt happen.
 
There's a tweet out there claiming he shot himself in front of Romeo Crennel :yikes:

From the report :

" Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend early Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and committed suicide in front of his coach and general manager, police said. "

...3 month old daughter ??.....:tears:
 
Damn, I feel for those who witnessed the suicide. It's absolutely harrowing to try to help someone who is considering suicide, much less actually having to see it happen.
 
Makes me wonder how many times he has been hit in the head or had concussions.....

Or used performance enhancing drugs. Did he have a history of mental health issues? Lots of questions that none of us have the answers to. Concussions are the issue in vogue today, yesterday it was roid rage. Truth is bad people do good things and good people do bad things and we have no idea which this is if either.
 
Lots of people murder their spouse and it has nothing to do with head trama or steroids use or anything else just the relationship with the spouse. I don't find it a long leep from the girlfriend and his relationship becoming to much to handle. He kills the girlfriend in a fit of rage. Then seeing what he's done figures its over for him all his dreams gone. SO he goes to the coach to thank him for the oppertunity and they kills himself.

For some odd reason over the last few decades we as a people seam to want to find an outside cause to blame **** like this on. Rather then just blame the individual who commits the act.

Oh its not his fault he took Steroids.
Oh its not his fault he had a number of concussions.
Oh its not his fault she drove him to it.
Oh its not his fault he had a rough up bringing.

When in reality in almost every case it is the individual who has control of the situtation.

IMHO
 
Back
Top Bottom