• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Keith Emerson dead at age 71

Depression is really such a horrid disease. It destroys lives in so many ways. It also is, in its own way, contagious: someone with depression can have an impact family and friends. Its hard to treat, since those with depression often retreat into themselves and don't seek adequate treatment.

If depression helped to claim another life in Mr Emerson, its a sad day indeed.

Well said. A tragedy that was preventable.
 
I never listened to EL&P, but jeez. With so many artists passing away so far this year, it really underlines how we should all cherish each moment life has to give us, to live our own lives to its true potential, and to say "I love you" at every chance we get. Life is too short not to. R.I.P. Mr. Emerson.
 
Went through a brief infactuation with ELP back in the day. Good stuff.

Keith was a huge talent- fantastic musician.

RIP
 
I saw ELP tour on their "Works" record with the full orchestra at Madison Square Garden. Very impressive. I had seats behind the stage so I was actually fairly close to Emerson & was able to see his playing. I remember after his solo the members of the orchestra tapping their chart stands in approval of his playing. Sad to hear this was related to his depression, a silent killer among us. If you know someone who is suffering from this insidious disease, reach out to them in any way you can. You may make the difference.
 
Had to listen to a couple of their albums yesterday.

I guess that the last few lines of "Pictures at an Exhibition" say it all. My favorite musician of all times. Very sad.

"There's no end to my life,
No beginning to my death
Death is life."
 
Back
Top Bottom