• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Keith Emerson passes

Register to hide this ad
Wow. Reading that certainly was a jolt of harsh reality. RIP, one of the great innovators of the 20th Century.
 
I was playing their records last night....weird.

RIP. Saw them live a few years ago.

Always a fan of ELP.

Wayner
 
Too many great artists lost over the last few months! Too many that I grew up listening to . It really makes me feel road weary...! Sad. R.I.P. to all. :beerchug:

ELP was also a very influential band to me. They spurred my love of Prof Rock, due to Lucky Man, and my love of Classical, thanks to Fanfare For The Common Man. A rare thing from just one source. :)
 
Damn, this is just getting out of hand. ELP has always been a favorite of mine. Saw them in Saratoga as a teenager.
 
Another one down--this last year or so has been brutal on the innovators in the music industry, and Keith was certainly one of them. I loved both iterations of ELP--with Palmer and later Powell. RIP Keith, and thanks for the music!!!
 
I was just listening to Works Vol. 1 yesterday. One of the first albums I purchased way back when. We've been loosing too many music icons recently. Depressing.
 
He could play Bach backwards and forwards. Literally. First time I saw him do this I was dumbstruck. Fun starts around the 10 minute mark:


jblnut
 
Sad to hear this news. I saw ELP only once, it was the Brain Salad Surgery tour in the mid seventies. Keith was a true showman!
 
Yeah, I caught the Pictures at an Exhibition Tour (Merriweather Post Pavilion - Aug 20, 1972)
... sad... RIP Keith!

ELP72_2003.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom