• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch Community Forum - Is It Down?

Hmmmm...there were important data there.......
@Cask05 any possibility you could post here all your tips and techniques for..... well many things. Like setting up crossovers, re mastering files etc...
I mean if the KF is defunct I am screwed..why re invent the wheel?

For the present, I've got quite a few pages of K-forum threads (those that were started as tutorials there by myself) captured in pdf screenshots in my Google Drive account. If you need access, just send me a PM/message here.

I don't really want to post that link on an open forum--in order to keep my Google Drive account from being targeted by unsavory people/bots.

I also don't plan to leave those files there for long. I use that free Google Drive account's resources for other activities--notably demastered music files, and sharing sections of my developing book for review by selected subject matter experts.

Also, from what I saw of one moderator's response to the current K-forum server outage(s), he was now proposing (to Klipsch Corp.) to take those old forum threads over using Klipsch museum website resources.

So from this particular AK subforum's point of view, that should probably be viewed as a threat to existing older Technical/Modifications threads that survived on the K-forum up to recently. So this actually isn't very good news for the participants here. I fully expect those old tech/mod threads will likely disappear from a future Museum-supported web site--if that move actually occurs.

Bottom line: I think the party is over for going back and forth between the two forums (i.e., K-forum and here). Time to migrate...and delete old bookmarks to the K-forum.

Chris
 
Bottom line: I think the party is over for going back and forth between the two forums (i.e., K-forum and here). Time to migrate...and delete old bookmarks to the K-forum.
Thinking about saving old data. It has been a long time since there was data of interest to me there and most of the last few years there when I was acttive was spent helping people with their speakers where Klipsch would not since they were out of warranty and mods were frowned on. RIP At the very least the Wayback Machine can't be erased.
 
They also monitor this subforum. So posting links here puts those topics in jeopardy as well.
It sounds like someone has either too much time on their hands or an axe to grind. Can you imagine the meeting where they decided that we need to be watch lest we modify a speaker and call it a Klipsch?
 
It sounds like someone has either too much time on their hands or an axe to grind. Can you imagine the meeting where they decided that we need to be watch lest we modify a speaker and call it a Klipsch?
Probably just simple curiosity.

I doubt there was a meeting.
 
I'm curious...

What Tech/Mod threads do/did you personally reuse the most from the now apparently deceased K-forum?

I'm aware of babadono's (Eric's) request for the two dialing-in of DSP crossover tutorials already. I.e.,
  1. "Using REW to Find Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) settings" and
  2. "Using REW to Determine Time Delays Between Drivers"
Others?

Here is a list of threads that I captured before it crashed the last time:
  • Subconscious Auditory Effects of Quasi-Linear Phase Loudspeakers
  • Why Horn-Loaded Sounds Better Than Direct Radiating_ FAQ
  • The Missing Octave(s) - Audacity Remastering to Restore Tracks
  • A K-402-Based Full-Range Multiple-Entry Horn
  • Chris A, Could you explain minimum phase analysis, please.
  • Review and Discussion of Toole's Book, Third Ed.
  • Celestion Axi2050 2 compression driver on K-402 horn and Jubilee bass bin
  • Why Horns? (a tutorial to accompany "High-Quality Horn Loudspeaker Systems")
  • ASC Tube Traps - Listening Room Optimization
  • Loudness War and the Dynamic Range (DR) Database - some observations
I think that I have a couple more that I've captured in MSWord format (i.e., these are distilled down):
  • The "Why" of MEHs and their future
  • Corner-Horn Imaging FAQ (...also available on diyAudio...)
  • First Gen Upgrade to Second Gen Performance (...also available on diyAudio...)
  • (A long list of classic jazz albums listed by Allan Songer (MSExcel)
I also captured a histogram of the number of Tech/Mod threads started by month from 2000 to 2016:

Tech-Mod histogram of threads by month 2000-2016.gif

Note that the above statistics do not reflect closed area subforums (such as "Just Jubes", etc.).

Chris
 
Please read this above post.

The files are too large to post here (collectively)--about half a gigabyte altogether. And they aren't searchable: they're pdf screenshots only.

However, they're better than the alternative... ;)

Chris
Sorry. I didn’t clue into the previous post.

Those articles might make good chapters (or appendices) for your book. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom