• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lava Lamps

This topic convinced me that I couldn't live without them :)
The violet/orange one is really nice.

6-B7684-CE-5962-44-BB-8-A16-A2-ACB4-FBAE02.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Pqm4R8vd/6-B7684-CE-5962-44-BB-8-A16-A2-ACB4-FBAE02.jpg
BD2-E41-A4-557-B-4898-946-A-6926-D9-A749-B6.jpg
 
The lava bottle lasts 2000 hours , the light bulb also lasts 2000 hours. After 2000 hours the liquid will go cloudy. Direct sunlight can fade the colors of the lamp. And you can’t run it for longer than 6 hours at a time , that will shorten the life span of the lava.

You can buy the bottles with lava separate for 40€
 
Last edited:
I’ve got one of the vintage very large lava lamps (>2’ tall) but it’s cloudy. Anyone found a method to clear these, or as a last resort, reload them? I’d love to get it functioning again!
 
The second post in this thread lists the website where tons of lava lamp info can be found including what to do for cloudy lamps.
 
Where can I find one of those metal shot glass looking things that go on the top of these things? Mine is missing that piece and is sealed on the top of it with an ugly looking bottle cap. I feel like I need to have the top piece of it to put it in a prominent place. They certainly are a lot of fun...
 
I'm sure you can come up with somewhere to put them. They definitely go better in pairs.

I already have one. This thread is making me think of adding another. I'm trying to decide on the color. To match the color or not? That is the question.:D
 
I already have one. This thread is making me think of adding another. I'm trying to decide on the color. To match the color or not? That is the question.:D

Yeah, tough call. I'm kind of a same color kind of guy, like the symmetry, but I do like that pic above with the different colors. Making me think I need more variety, lol. Might give it a try and if I don't like them together move them to a different room.
 
About 10 years ago we bought a bunch Lava Lamps for $5 each at a discount store (I think "Amazing Savings") for gifts at a party (for 10ish year olds). To say the least, they were a hit. The lights looked great, with glass for the "lava". The base and top were plastic, but they looked really good when lit up.
 
I'm kind of surprised there is no "new tech" in Lava Lamps these days. Not that is anything wrong with the old tech (and I'm also a fan of all things vintage), but it seems like they would have some new shapes after all these years, or something different, instead just variations of the same classic heated bottle.

I'd like to pick up a quality lava lamp for the basement, but I'd rather find something that is truly unusual in terms of overall shape.
 
Back
Top Bottom