• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lets See All Them Axes

Here's my Epiphone Sheraton. More to follow.

ElectricGuitarRig004.jpg
 
I refinished this pawnshop special. It is a 1976 LP Custom. When I got it, someone had removed the finish (and the hardware!) with an electric or sander.

Nice work, its definitely a mid 70s LP too...no dot over the "i" in Gibson:thmbsp:

J.R.
 
How much was that puppy at the pawn? I don't think I'm ever seen an actual Les Paul at the pawn.

That's beautiful.

I got it for $250. It was very, very rough, but not broken or dropped.

I don't do fret work so here it is after coming back from getting new frets and having 2 new inlays put in the fingerboard.
 

Attachments

  • Out of the box.jpg
    Out of the box.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 157
I restored the case also, though, I used a brand new case for those earlier posted final pictures.
 

Attachments

  • case pre 2.jpg
    case pre 2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 43
  • touched up Gibson logo.jpg
    touched up Gibson logo.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 36
I restored the case also, though, I used a brand new case for those earlier posted final pictures.

Nice work! I've got an L6-S case I've been staring at for years, I never seem to get started on it. It only took me 20+ years to get the guitar going, the case might get done before I die...

je

attachment.php
 
Each and every one of the guitars looks stellar, sweet pics everyone. Ill have to get some pics of my others up. Keep the pics coming.
 
New member here. Here are some of mine. Oscar schmidt, delta king. Epiphone t-310 with seymour duncans. ESP custom RS. Gibson les paul studio
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0742.jpg
    DSCN0742.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 106
A few more goodies.
1972 LP Custom
1990's Gibson MIII and BMW M3
Tweed Champ (100% original, including all capacitors)
Gretch/Valco 6v6 amp (recently rebuilt)
Blackface Champ (rebuilt)
 

Attachments

  • champ.JPG
    champ.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 28
  • gretch.JPG
    gretch.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 35
  • tweed.JPG
    tweed.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 30
  • m3&mIII.JPG
    m3&mIII.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 27
  • lespaul.JPG
    lespaul.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 38
Gold Rush

I've posted this pic in another thread, but here's a trio of gold tops- I believe all of them started life as Deluxes. The middle one still lives with a close friend in CA, the other two are long gone.

je

attachment.php
 
Here is my late 90's GIO I picked up on CL for cheap.
I am by no means a guitarist. I picked this up to learn.
It so happens that it is signed by Steve Vai. aside from it being reasonably playable for a cheap axe, the only redeemable feature is the autograph.

behind it is my Marathon practice amp, and my Lafayette cab with a 15" Jensen driver. Still looking for a reasonably priced tube head for that.
 

Attachments

  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 38
Here are some of my non-solid guitars.

1966 Fender Coronado II
1993 Gibson ES 135
70's Gretsch Tennessean
1970s Ibanez FA 100 (ES135 copy)
1990s Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion III
 

Attachments

  • coronado II.JPG
    coronado II.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 36
  • gibson es135.JPG
    gibson es135.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 46
  • gretch tenn.JPG
    gretch tenn.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Ibanez FA.JPG
    Ibanez FA.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 800-hrf.JPG
    800-hrf.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 31
Here is my late 90's GIO I picked up on CL for cheap.
I am by no means a guitarist. I picked this up to learn.
It so happens that it is signed by Steve Vai. aside from it being reasonably playable for a cheap axe, the only redeemable feature is the autograph.

behind it is my Marathon practice amp, and my Lafayette cab with a 15" Jensen driver. Still looking for a reasonably priced tube head for that.

I have almost the exact same Ibanez strat (my "IbaNerf"), and even with all the other great guitars I have here that's the one I reach for the most. It's really become my "utility" guitar. I blocked the trem, cushioned the springs so they didn't ring anymore, installed graphite nut & string trees, and tapped the humbuckers so they split to single-coil when I'd pull the tone knob out. Really reliable, cheap guitar, now with six distinct & good sounds.

I think I paid $50 for it, and it was shipped to me in pieces in a little box.

Sorry for the crappy pic.

je

attachment.php
 
Great pictures everyone. I don't own a guitar but it's fun to look at your incredible collections. Are the Gretsch Nashville's (and similar) and Gibson Les Paul's difficult to play compared to some of the others? I love the sound of the Gretsch's and Billy Zoom and Brian Setzer are a couple of my favorite guitarist.
 
I have almost the exact same Ibanez strat (my "IbaNerf"), and even with all the other great guitars I have here that's the one I reach for the most. It's really become my "utility" guitar. I blocked the trem, cushioned the springs so they didn't ring anymore, installed graphite nut & string trees, and tapped the humbuckers so they split to single-coil when I'd pull the tone knob out. Really reliable, cheap guitar, now with six distinct & good sounds.

I think I paid $50 for it, and it was shipped to me in pieces in a little box.

Sorry for the crappy pic.

je

attachment.php

I paid 80$ for mine, with a gig bag, strap, spare set of fresh strings.

I've thought about blocking my trem. not sure what the graphite bits do, but the PU mod sounds interesting. how is that done?

I had a really nice AH-10 Alan Holdsworth signature Ibanez from the early 80's at one point. that was a nice japanese built guitar.
 
Back
Top Bottom