• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

List of Audio Gear Unique to One AK member.

nothing one off but a few things pretty rare

1973 Pioneer SX-3000 Almost nothing exists on the web about this receiver it appears to be a military only version of the SX-626 sold in Europe.

1964 Scott 312 Tuner (I have the only two I have heard about here)

Anyone else got a DBX-117 expander?
 
I have three pairs of speakers that are rare.

One pair of Quadrature dsp-5 speakers from the early 90's that I am sure no one else has.

One pair of Sansui SP-100i that I am confident no one else here has outside of Japan.

One pair of Sansui SP-L800 which are pretty rare but there may be someone around here with a pair.
 
I'm pretty sure I'm the only member to have a 1955 Fisher Custom Electra. :yes:

attachment.php
 
JVC SP-97Ws.

I seem to have one of the only pairs in existence. They sound pretty nice to.

Passive radiator design was to expensive for JVC(Wow, forbidden to spend a few more pennies on a speaker) and the model was quickly discontinued.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1292_800x600.jpg
    100_1292_800x600.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 275
Any of the people here who build their own equipment can say this. :)

Yep :)

I'm sure someone else is running Fostex Sig's though...they're pretty common in the DIY full-range world.

I'd be really curious to know if anyone's using a Svetlana SV811 or SV572 in their amps...everybody I've talked to has either a closet full of these tubes but no amp, or is in the planning stages of building one :scratch2:
 
Maybe it's cheating to list non-vintage gear, but AFAIK, I'm the only AKer with

Newform Research R645 speakers
Bel Canto DAC3
z-Systems rad-2 analog-to-digital converter

and one vintage piece I haven't seen mentioned here:

Scott 255-S amplifier
 
A set of Allied 3004 speakers. not sure if they are the only set here. I do remember a recent post of a set of different model Allied.
 
Flip what a variety of unique stuff .. makes me wonder if there is any common ground at all ... no wonder we have so many different opinions
 
As far as I know, (No one else has ever said they have anything similar) I'm the only one here with Community Speakers, Peavey Subs, a Carvin amp, a Tapco amp.. or a Peavey crossover, or a Tapco EQ. I did see one person say they have a Tapco mixer like mine though.

I'm sure a person or two in the guitar or musical instruments forums might have something I do, but have never seen it spoken of...
 
Anyone else have a pair of Advent/9's? I've only seen one pair come up on Ebay in the last year.
 
I think the only thing that might be unique that I have is a Crown FM1 tuner.

I would say the RGR Model IV preamp except I know of at least one other owner. And possibly the Fisher 500 mono receiver. And there is an outside shot my harman kardon HK3300 cassette is the only one.
 
Back
Top Bottom