• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

List of Audio Gear Unique to One AK member.

I think the only thing that might be unique that I have is a Crown FM1 tuner.

I would say the RGR Model IV preamp except I know of at least one other owner. And possibly the Fisher 500 mono receiver. And there is an outside shot my harman kardon HK3300 cassette is the only one.

Did you buy that stuff in a drunken stupor?:D
 
have pix of that setup been made public?

The PLC-590/Blackwidow in action.
PLC590.jpg



Blurry shot of the tonearm but you can make out the red Blackwidow emblem.
stanton_blackwidow.jpg
 
This ain't strictly audio, but I don't think anybody else here has an R-389- a radio that receives from 15 Kc to 1500 KC, an EK-07, a German Army shortwave set, or an RCA AR-60, a 1935 shortwave set. Don't know of anyone who has a Yamaha RX-V1 receiver, I'd stack it up against about any of the G-33Ks or SX-1980s, or even, dare I say, the Mac stuff ? <grin>
 
This ain't strictly audio, but I don't think anybody else here has an R-389- a radio that receives from 15 Kc to 1500 KC, an EK-07, a German Army shortwave set, or an RCA AR-60, a 1935 shortwave set. Don't know of anyone who has a Yamaha RX-V1 receiver, I'd stack it up against about any of the G-33Ks or SX-1980s, or even, dare I say, the Mac stuff ? <grin>

Well....show us some pics. I wanna see!

:D
 
Recently acquired Toshiba ss330w floorstanding 2-ways with 15 inch woofer.The thing that gets me is they are in massive cabinets 18"wide by 29"high for a speaker that is rated at wpc 60wpc max.They have lows unmatched by anything else I own and sound very,very good.
 
I've yet to see another one of these preamps around these boards, the non-remote version of the P/LD-1100 with some added capacitance, John Curl design:

Parasound P/LD-1500

Here it is undressed:

para2.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom