• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lots of sexist avatars on audio forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always found your avatar particularly sexy ... but maybe that's just me ...

It was either Alfred E. or Sasha B. Couldn't find Borat holding a soldering iron.

image-39221-web.jpg
 
Anyone else out there disappointed at the rampant sexism on display here, as evidenced by the plethora of juvenile and sexist avatar photos on so many audio forum members?

How would our mothers, wives and daughters feel about this?

I assume you are talking about people whose avatars are old white men, particularly old white European composers who represent the patriarchal nature of the classical music world.
 
Use your free will.
There's nothing more offensive than a wet blanket, IMO.
IMHO, there is a HELL of a lot more offensive than a wet blanket.

I'm not upset at a barechested woman DONE WITH TASTE.
I'm a big fan of Elvgrin and classic pin-up poses - they are cute!

If someone gets tasteless or downright rude -
I have been known to call them down for it ...
 
Last edited:
This thread has inspired me to change my own avatar. The image previously associated with my posts (a Marantz 1180DC with a soldering iron in the background) glorified the achievements of Saul Marantz, an old white man and charter member of the audio-patriarchy. My new avatar celebrates the achievements (and breasts) of keyboard player and DJ, Zia McCabe.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom