• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2225

Marantz 2225 or Sansui QS 1

  • Marantz 2225

    Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Sansui QS1

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    4

RickStereo10

New Member
Hi friends!

I am now in the possibility of acquiring a Marantz 2225.

My question arises, not for the quality of Marantz, but because at the same time I have been offered a Sansui QS 1. What could I do?
 
Register to hide this ad
The Marantz is a receiver so will power speakers. The Sansui is a Quad decoder and will not power speakers IIRC.


Welcome to AK!
 
Well the QS 1 doesn’t have an amp so....
It’s a cool piece but I doubt it’ll be useful to you.
The 2225 is a great unit.
 
Well the QS 1 doesn’t have an amp so....
It’s a cool piece but I doubt it’ll be useful to you.
The 2225 is a great unit.
Thank you for your anwers. All is clear. I thought the QS is an amplifier too.
So... amplifiers... Marantz 2225 sounds better than Marantz SR 1010? I read bad reviews about 1010. What´s your opinion?
Thanks!
 
Thank you for your anwers. All is clear. I thought the QS is an amplifier too.
So... amplifiers... Marantz 2225 sounds better than Marantz SR 1010? I read bad reviews about 1010. What´s your opinion?
Thanks!
The SR line is crap. Stick with the 2225.
 
Back
Top Bottom