• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2250B + Extra Gears

Leoniums

New Member
Hi there
i would like to ask for opinions at:
I own a marantz 2250B and i was thinking to add some other gears to match that one.
Any opinions?
Thanks in advance
 
Register to hide this ad
I find that Klipsch speakers match well with the most older Marantz. I have some KLH-23's that also sound good with the Marantz.
 
While I love Marantz, I would suggest that "Matching" (I'm assuming you mean matching by Brand -AND- Model line) for the sake of similar looks alone misses the point of 'Hi-Fi' altogether. Although, one has to choose his own priorities.
To me, atleast, its about sonic performance first, reliability second, and ability to be serviced longterm third. Looks, and whether or not they match... let's just say, it's a minor consideration at most.
Regarding speakers... choosing what sounds good to you, given the music you prefer, is a very personal decision. The one thing you need to determine, though, is the volume levels in your listening room and the power limitations of your receiver's AMP Section. So... I'd suggest moderately efficient speakers. I used to tell customers to buy what sounds good to them. If they can't afford that now, you have a difficult decision... buy the closest approximation and risk 'having to' upgrade later, or wait until you can afford what will make you happy.
That's not always easy, though...
 
Last edited:
"I own a marantz 2250B and i was thinking to add some other gears to match that one."

I like the bevel gears myself. They transmit motion very well and last a long time if you keep them oiled. You can buy them new from Boston Gear and modify them yourself.

That being said- I use a pair of B&W 686's with my Marantz gear. They sound pretty good. My kid likes a little more bass, but I prefer not using a PSW.
 
While I love Marantz, I would suggest that "Matching" (I'm assuming you mean matching by Brand -AND- Model line) for the sake of similar looks alone misses the point of 'Hi-Fi' altogether. Although, one has to choose his own priorities.
To me, atleast, its about sonic performance first, reliability second, and ability to be serviced longterm third. Looks, and whether or not they match... let's just say, it's a minor consideration at most.
Regarding speakers... choosing what sounds good to you, given the music you prefer, is a very personal decision. The one thing you need to determine, though, is the volume levels in your listening room and the power limitations of your receiver's AMP Section. So... I'd suggest moderately efficient speakers. I used to tell customers to buy what sounds good to them. If they can't afford that now, you have a difficult decision... buy the closest approximation and risk 'having to' upgrade later, or wait until you can afford what will make you happy.
That's not always easy, though...

"for the sake of similar looks alone misses the point of 'Hi-Fi' altogether. Although, one has to choose his own priorities."
Although I really get what you mean I'm wondering WHY can't someone get "sonic performance" and "looks" as well as all the rest? I ask why not because I have done it many times over during the last 40 yrs so I know it's possible? As far as missing the point of "HI-FI" well that's just plain rubbish!
What is the point then? It means many different things to many different People and that is "The Point"! Just because one person believes something doesn't mean all of us believe it!Variety,someone once said,is the spice of life and there are many "Spices" enough for everyone so let's just leave it at that for now before I really get going,nuff said:):thmbsp:
 
"for the sake of similar looks alone misses the point of 'Hi-Fi' altogether. Although, one has to choose his own priorities."
Although I really get what you mean I'm wondering WHY can't someone get "sonic performance" and "looks" as well as all the rest? I ask why not because I have done it many times over during the last 40 yrs so I know it's possible? As far as missing the point of "HI-FI" well that's just plain rubbish!
What is the point then? It means many different things to many different People and that is "The Point"! Just because one person believes something doesn't mean all of us believe it!Variety,someone once said,is the spice of life and there are many "Spices" enough for everyone so let's just leave it at that for now before I really get going,nuff said:):thmbsp:

Well then, by all means... buy what matches. Marantz doesn't make any what I'd call 'bad' products. So, by all means, I think your system should match perfectly.:yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom