• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz Model 18

calman46

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi all, I 'm need of the schematic for the model 18. Possible bad primary .Can anybody email it ? thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
FYI when you remove the top cover of the model 18 a kill switch is activated (by removing the larger screw) which disables the on/off switch. Unit works ,no dial lights or scope ,yet .
 
I'm sure I have an 18manual around here someplace calman46, I'll look for it.
 
I got one from Vintage-Electronics via email . The kill switch is not mention or on the schematic . Thanks
 
I performed bias and offset adjustments on my 18 calman46, never seen the safety switch.
 
Its mounted on the back(inside) to the right of the antenna terminal.You can see the two mounting screws on back between the ant. and model 18 label. I post pics later .
 
The CRT is not working ,the heaters of the tube are but no scope action. I check the intensity and focus with no luck , is anything else I could check ?
The kill switch is in the first pic
 

Attachments

  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 73
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 61
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 60
The CRT is not working /QUOTE]
Have you checked the voltage on the HV winding on the pwr xfrmer? The HV winding used to go open quite often in these. If it's ok, work your way through the rectifiers, caps and resistors in the HV supply.
Then see if you have all the correct voltages on the crt.

Peace,
DrRick
 
Back
Top Bottom