• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC250's as monoblocks?

kuisis

Active Member
Has anyone ever run MC250's as monoblocks? If so I was curious about your opinions. I have Klipsch LaScalas as my speakers and A Juicy Music Peach as a pre.

Tom
 
Register to hide this ad
Forget the mc-250, go dual mono with the mc-2100 like I did. My twins had the audio upgrade done by the GREAT Terry Dewickt:banana:
You won't regret it
 
Last edited:
The JMA Peach with an MC250 on Klipsch makes an unbelievable match up. I contemplated the monoblocking but never got around to it. I had a Peach I or II with an MC250 on my LaScalla II's.....It would be embarrasing for me to give details of what newer equipment this combo could beat. I also heard this JMA Peach with an MC250 on some Klipsch MWM's......ridiculous how great that sounded. You only needed a few watts from that to blow you away.

If your using Klipsch stuff that is a little lower in efficiency like the Chorus.....Bridging the 250's would be a possible plus. Don't know.

Too bad Mark Deneen has closed the doors to new products from Juicy Music.

jc
 
I'd definitely give it a try; the '250 is the most often overlooked SS amp in the vintage lineup. (read; inexpensive)

I've often thought of getting another one. Briefly.
 
Forget the mc-250, go dual mono with the mc-2100 like I did. My twins had the audio upgrade done by the GREAT Terry Dewickt:banana:
You won't regret it

Those two amps sound similar, did you compare dual mono with the 2100 versus the 2100 alone? If so could you tell a difference?

Tom
 
I used 1 2100 with a pr of Infinity-sm112 for 3 years, when I picked up the 2nd 2100 I had already switched spkrs to Dali Ikon 6's. I now have much better bass, the mid-range is absolutely fantastic & the hi freq's are amazing on these spkrs. Terry D says these amps will only be good for another 35 years. That means I'll be 80 when they might need to be upgraded again
 
Back
Top Bottom