• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

McIntosh part 070-031 question

Deezel

New Member
Working on a ma6100, need part number 070-031. McIntosh says its 1n4820, which is obsolete. Will a 1n5395 be a good replacement? Also what's the difference in 1n5395 and 1n5395gp? Thanks for any help.
 
Register to hide this ad
If you are asking about D409 or 410, It is a pretty generic diode doing some basic house cleaning upon amp shutdown....can't say I have ever seen one fail.

In5395 has worked for others but i have never had to use one.

Is your number a NTE number or did you get it from Gregory's post?
 
If you are asking about D409 or 410, It is a pretty generic diode doing some basic house cleaning upon amp shutdown....can't say I have ever seen one fail.

In5395 has worked for others but i have never had to use one.

Is your number a NTE number or did you get it from Gregory's post?
Yes it is d409 412. Actually I called McIntosh, and the printed part in their books was 1n4820 which is obsolete. He said someone one had penciled in 1n5395. He didn't have a definite answer, so I ask you good people here. Also I've read a couple things about ma6100 ground issues because of galvanic corrosion, I will be attacking this as well while I wait on parts. If you have anything to share of interest on the subject, I am all ears. I am 20 years rusty, but want to do this right. After parts replaced, I'll have to borrow an oscilloscopeto check and adjust waves exc....
 
Back
Top Bottom