• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Monument Valley

On this last trip to Monument Valley, I got some pretty cool sunrise pictures with my new Canon T1i. Maybe next time me and Jesse get up there we might see some snow.

EDIT: Wow those sure darkened and the colors arent near as vivid when I converted them from RAW format into JPEGs.

MR, You should have got a Nikon instead of the Canon. :D

So when are we going up again?
 

Attachments

  • 2-40-1.jpg
    2-40-1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 15
You must have used too high a shutter speed, so it took longer than that for the light to go from Mount Fuji to the camera.
 
.....would someone please tell me what this word blanc means?.....

.....EDIT....dictionary.com says it's a French coin from the 14th-18th century that was debased from existance, and it could be a liquid used for poaching meat, fish, and vegetables....is it being implied there's a mountain that's supposed to be in these pictures and it's not?.....
 
Last edited:
On this last trip to Monument Valley, I got some pretty cool sunrise pictures with my new Canon T1i. Maybe next time me and Jesse get up there we might see some snow.

EDIT: Wow those sure darkened and the colors arent near as vivid when I converted them from RAW format into JPEGs.

Seriously, do you have an idea what happened?
 
Seriously, do you have an idea what happened?

Not sure what happened, but these have lost alot of definition and the colors arent near as vivid. Hmm.. :scratch2:

The original RAW files still look great, just not the conversions. No matter how I convert them..
 
I used a free program called rea converter 5.5 pro; it was a free download. I didn't make any changes to the original files.

Here is a simple photoshopped comparison.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • MFcomparison.jpg
    MFcomparison.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 68
Still don't know what's going on. It's like reaconverter is presenting the picture on your monitor in proper sRGB color space, but not converting it to sRGB for the jpg file.

Have you tried Raw Therapee?
http://www.rawtherapee.com/?
 
Wow those are some Great shots guy`s!! Almost makes me wish we were driving to Denver for Christmas. :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom