• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was floored when I read the title of this thread. The world lost a good one today.

Zilch's posts opened my eyes and opened my mind. He was a great communicator.

R.I.P Zilch.
 
One thing I noticed was that Zilch most always capped off his reply with a "Smiley" never wanting his knowledge to come off smug or snidely.
He must have been an extremely nice guy to say the least.
 
Last edited:
Had I not made the threads on the E-waves and the Indignias some of the first I read when joining here, I would have to go back and do so after all the amazing tributes to Zilch.
While never having had the pleasure, I almost feel I knew him quite well. It would be nice to know he had some idea his efforts and time on this planet were so appreciated, and will no doubt continue to be.

May you continue to find thorny sonic problems in heaven to solve. Old techs all know its' as much about the journey as it is the destination.
Luithien
 
Chris,

Very sad news and a big loss to this and other forums....

I'm sure he appreciated your friendship more than he ever told you. ....

RIP, Z. May you rest peacefully in a wankless afterlife.

I have been mourning Zilch since Chris gave me the news last week.

I was one of those who was able to visit with Zilch @ ZilchLabs and hear him in person explain what was almost entirely over my head.

Zilch often mentioned his friendship with Chris when we were talking, as Chris is a lot younger than both Zilch & myself.

It was obvious that Zilch had great respect & admiration for Chris from how he spoke.

I want to extend my condolences to Chris and my thanks to him for how he supported Zilch while he was ill.

In a sense Chris has repaid a debt to Zilch we all owed; showing one of our own how much he meant to us all.

Thanks Chris
 
Last edited:
I'm deeply saddened to hear of this... I had no idea his illness was so grave. :tears:

Kudos to you, wiredbecker, for being such a great friend to Zilch. I wish you the best with keeping Zilch's dream alive.

Godspeed, Evan. Hope you have the most killer audio system, wherever you are.
 
:no: Just read this...too many, too young.... May you find peace and Perfection in sound where I am sure you are. My condolances to His Family.
 
I am saddened to hear of Zilch's passing - I think he responded to one of my very 1st speaker-related posts, only a couple short years ago. It is heartening to hear that our community provided some comfort to Zilch in his last few weeks and of course we all benefited hugely from his sage advice.

Zilch is offline forever ... after some 12,533 posts! Peace to you!
 
This is incredibly shocking and sad news. I had very little direct interaction with him, but his posts demonstrated so much of what is good and possible in an online community. This is a very sad day, and my deepest sympathy and condolences go out to his loved ones.

:tears:

Without reading all the posts in this thread (yet, anyways), jon has said above exactly my feelings on this. God have mercy on your soul, Zilch. The E-wave thread, at least, is both a monument to, and a testament to a life clearly lived in pursuit of more data...and less wank. RIP Zilch.

Oddly enough, early Sunday morning a dear friend's father passed from the same thing, only 3 weeks after diagnosis. RIP Ted de Roos.
 
This is truly sad,

The very best way we can honor him is to follow his example -- kindness, patience, generosity, and a million other qualities that endeared him to us.

Thank you, Zilch.

+1

His legacy looms large - mostly because it was about more data and less wank.

If there is an 'other world' you know that Zilch is there, now, chatting up John B. Lansing - describing (of course) analytical tools and methods ... making John B.'s head spin.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom