• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Motorcycle with no baffles.

I want to officially derail this thread although I do own a scooter.

What about those damn leaf blowers!!! We can put a man on the moon but no one can invent a quiet leaf blower? Motors, subwoofers, etc. pale in comparison to these extensions of a gardener’s penis.

What happened to sweeping a driveway or a sidewalk and putting the debris in a recycle bin or compost pile as opposed to kicking up dust while everything else is just blown against the fence or into the flower bed? And they always seem to fire up the one day you take off work and want to sleep in.

Thanks letting me rant.

Peace,

Tejas
 
Besides, if you broke into my house to steal my stereo you would leave the house without the stereo and probably on a stretcher. I wouldn't call the cops but I would call an ambulance.

You and your friends probably have a legal right to walk by my table and fart but all 5 of you would end up bleeding from whatever eating utensil was sitting on the table.

file.php


The biker doesn't give you a second thought.

That is exactly the point. Thank you for making it. The biker isn't giving anyone a second thought. It's all about him and what he wants. Welcome to the "me" generation.
 
That is exactly the point. Thank you for making it. The biker isn't giving anyone a second thought. It's all about him and what he wants. Welcome to the "me" generation.

If you think I wouldn't say the same thing to your face or anyone else's face you have another thing coming. I'm not an internet thug or a real world thug. I'm a man with a pair of balls who hasn't lost them or given them up. You should get yours back and learn to use them once in a while. Like I said, stand up for yourself when you feel disrespected. Complaining about loud pipes abusing your ultra sensitive ears on an internet forum isn't going to change anything.

Why should the biker give you a second thought ? The biker doesn't know you have ultra sensitive ears. How would he ? I've never met someone with such sensitive ears.... Ultra sensitive ears people are rare and a small minority.

Besides, are you not the irresponsible one for not protecting your ears when you know you should ? If you didn't know then, you should know now. Do you now wear ear protection now when you venture outdoors ?
 
Last edited:
Besides, are you not the irresponsible one for not protecting your ears when you know you should ?

Yeah, that's it. You've convinced me that it really is all about you and your desires. My desire to save my hearing (which I do protect when necessary) is obviously secondary to your right to be loud and obnoxious. I bid you a good day and safe, happy riding.
 
But Ray, the man has a point. If you are that sensitive, how do you know you won't encounter a construction crew using a jackhammer, for instance?

You have to admit it's a bit ridiculous to claim hearing loss over a pack of bikes running by.

I work in The City and routinely ambulances, cops, etc. roll by through skyscraper valleys with sirens on and it's far louder than when any bikers might roll through with loud pipes.

I've heard both, first hand...
 
This thread merely proves that we as Americans believe that the individual always comes first, no matter what the consequences to anyone else. Loud car stereos that disturb everyone on the road are perfectly fine as are loud motorcycles. If you honestly believe that the individual always comes first then I should be able to piss wherever I want or even take a dump wherever I want. After all, it's all about me. Definitely that attitude pervades our society. There are laws for a reason but unfortunately they don't get enforced.

We as a society have lowered our standards so much that pretty much anything goes. If you don't like it then too bad. And for those of you who believe that loud noises are OK all of the time I would like to come to your house and crank some Zeppelin while you are trying to sleep. I'm sure you won't mind. It's all about me after all. Just stick in some ear plugs.

Shouldn't we be asking where freedom ends and responsibility begins? I see many people each day who probably don't even know the meaning of the word responsibility, or respect for that matter.
 
Last edited:
But Ray, the man has a point. If you are that sensitive, how do you know you won't encounter a construction crew using a jackhammer, for instance?

You have to admit it's a bit ridiculous to claim hearing loss over a pack of bikes running by.

I work in The City and routinely ambulances, cops, etc. roll by through skyscraper valleys with sirens on and it's far louder than when any bikers might roll through with loud pipes.

I've heard both, first hand...

I agree, ambulances and cops with sirens on are necessary loud sounds that alert us of a emergency.
Bikes can have the baffles put back in them and still perform the same as without them, but without them , it is classified here in Ontario as unnecessary noise.
 
.......... and any number of other things that are loud. Dogs, kids, chipmunks...
.

Glad you brought this up, it's those G#&*m chipmunks that are pissin' me off. I can't get why they have to scurry around with those little feet raking through the grass and that awful sound. Don't they even care about others? :D

A couple of things I've been ponderin' for the last few days: Rules and regulations are OK except when it's inconvenient. Also, what others think about me is none of my business.
 
Glad you brought this up, it's those G#&*m chipmunks that are pissin' me off. I can't get why they have to scurry around with those little feet raking through the grass and that awful sound. Don't they even care about others? :D

A couple of things I've been ponderin' for the last few days: Rules and regulations are OK except when it's inconvenient. Also, what others think about me is none of my business.

:grnbounce
 
I agree, ambulances and cops with sirens on are necessary loud sounds that alert us of a emergency.
Bikes can have the baffles put back in them and still perform the same as without them, but without them , it is classified here in Ontario as unnecessary noise.

Wrong.
 
Glad you brought this up, it's those G#&*m chipmunks that are pissin' me off. I can't get why they have to scurry around with those little feet raking through the grass and that awful sound. Don't they even care about others? :D

.

And that scream - have you heard when they scream??
ufhg, its a god awful sound!
 
I'd rather be low rent than high rent any day.

I doubt you have the choice.


He's got a personal issue with bikers that is probably the result of fear and jealousy. .

That you think people fear and envy you is interesting.

I think this dialogue from the movie Easy Rider applies.

If you want to take your wisdom from Hollywood pictures I suggest you live by Cagney's last line in The Public Enemy----"I ain't so tough".

[/QUOTE]
 
Last edited:
I think everyone nees to take a break and go watch Wild Hogs. At least there will be some good laughs -- at ourselves. :D
 
Wild Hogs was filmed just south of me in Madrid, NM.
The Cafe is still there, but not being used as such.
The Mine Shaft Tavern is where all the local bikers hang out on the weekends.
It was built 100 years ago during the coal mining period in Madrid.

Steve
 
We as a society have lowered our standards so much that pretty much anything goes. If you don't like it then too bad.

I got no idea where you get this from.. We are over regulated and over lawed on WAY too much stuff...

No lard to fry our foods in. Added salt, Large sodas... You damn near can't even smoke in the middle of s dessert because someone MIGHT stumble on you out there. You have to wear a seat belt. You have to wear a helmet. You can't have your pants hanging too low. Times you can and cant make noise...

It's a huge list... My rights are always being chipped away... because people are too busy worrying about what others do, and what offends them, and they don't deal with their life. Those people offend me... but do I press to have laws made against them? No.. I just go somewhere else where I don't have to be around them, and around as few of the laws as they have managed to get passed to protect myself...
 
Back
Top Bottom