• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

My new vintage speaker stands. And You?

Register to hide this ad
Looks good to me, but that is a definite low WAF! I already tried something similar with wooden crates. I got at Walmart for 14 bucks each! I thought they looked ... just fine! But my better half said ... "Uh NO!!" :(
 
When I was 18 these were standard issue speaker stands. I wonder if Bill Gates owned a set. Ahh back when things were simple- boy did that sound old (and for good reason).
 
Speaker stands, shelving support, record racks, very versatile if you can find the size that holds records. I used to see them at the thrifts, but haven’t seen any in a few years now. Occasionally see them at estate sales.
 
Stepped up from milk crates to dining room chairs as the crates were too low. Needed the ~18" of the chairs. Now I have stands mimicing the 12" OEM design made to a better listening height enlarged appropriately.

Of course, I went through a few different stands, The Sansui SP-X8000 was particularly versatile Perfect for Bose 901s (taller than the tulips),perfect for the 18" stands and perfect for the 10"or so needed for DCM Time Windows. If they weren't vinyl clad, peeling, I'd rock them as amp stands (their current use) instead of pestering their owner to bring his weapon for some target practice. (His idea).
 
Love that milk crate look. Got one for you guys. Used to stand my CV R-10s off the floor using encyclopedia volumes. Colliers.
 
Now we are getting creative - ha
I found my crates (free) at a small grocery store that went out of biz. I also use them stacked for shelving in a storage room. Of course we have all used (or still do) the vegetable creates to house our valuable records. And the kids think they invented the concept of recycle. We won't even talk about the empty large electrical spool table.
 
Only the best of quality cardboard boxes (these came from a nursing home and once contained briefs for the residents) that are now filled with cassettes from a recent move last October.

That high quality dumbbell really brings them home. Not to brag on the pair of Infinity RS6 stacked that make the perfect bass trap deflection. HPM60 were in the opposing corner.
 

Attachments

  • 2019-04-15 06.16.55.jpg
    2019-04-15 06.16.55.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 23
Stepped up from milk crates to dining room chairs as the crates were too low. Needed the ~18" of the chairs. Now I have stands mimicing the 12" OEM design made to a better listening height enlarged appropriately.

Of course, I went through a few different stands, The Sansui SP-X8000 was particularly versatile Perfect for Bose 901s (taller than the tulips),perfect for the 18" stands and perfect for the 10"or so needed for DCM Time Windows. If they weren't vinyl clad, peeling, I'd rock them as amp stands (their current use) instead of pestering their owner to bring his weapon for some target practice. (His idea).

You know they stack, very versatile creation.
 
If you really want to go vintage or old school, find some metal milk crates. I used a pair back in college in the mid 80's for my pair of Pioneer CS-99a's. I later upgraded to concrete blocks covered with a towel for a bit more class (in place of the milk crates, not the speakers!) ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom