• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need to discover new music,feeling a bit lost

If you like Mogwai then I suggest these bands:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Explosions In The Sky
Mono
Bardo Pond
Earth
Pelican (more on the metal side of music)

German Electronic & Krautrock bands:
Tangerine Dream - 1970s releases are better
Klaus Schulze
Cluster
Harmonia
Michael Rother
Neu!
Popol Vuh
Faust

Jazz
Alice Coltrane
Pharaoh Sanders
 
I won't recommend a band to you - cuz I can guarantee you probably won't like them

Suggesting what music someone else will like is tougher than setting a friend up on a blind date.
The OP resides none too far from one of the most famous music towns in the world. I wish I could of been privy to all the psyche bands that came out of Manchester.
My favorite one is
 
Suggesting what music someone else will like is tougher than setting a friend up on a blind date.
The OP resides none too far from one of the most famous music towns in the world. I wish I could of been privy to all the psyche bands that came out of Manchester.
My favorite one is
In that vein my favorite one-hit wonder:

Radio Student 100.5 FM - University of Zagreb - Croatia
.
 
Suggesting what music someone else will like is tougher than setting a friend up on a blind date.
The OP resides none too far from one of the most famous music towns in the world. I wish I could of been privy to all the psyche bands that came out of Manchester.
My favorite one is

I have been a big fan of the chameleons for decades, superb band, still sometimes perform as chameleons vox.
 
In that vein my favorite one-hit wonder:

Radio Student 100.5 FM - University of Zagreb - Croatia
.

Definitely not a one hit wonder over here, i was into them when they were goths, sort of, ian brown is from my home town. If you like that check out the charlatans, also local to me and slow readers club from manchester
 
Definitely not a one hit wonder over here, i was into them when they were goths, sort of, ian brown is from my home town. If you like that check out the charlatans, also local to me and slow readers club from manchester
One hit in the sense that Adored was the standout track on the album, and the rest was relatively forgettable. OTOH fellow Mancusians (?) the Inspiral Carpets put out IMHO one of the greatest albums of all time. Here's a sample. And they seemed to have great humor. Whereas the Roses were "serious" and IIRC some guy in the band was selling his paintings in the liner notes.

.
 
Last edited:
I can't make any specific music suggestions but I can tell you that you're definitely a candidate for a streaming service. I like Tidal but there are several others to choose from out there. Once you've selected one, there are many ways to discover new music in your choice of genres. Jazz, blues and classical are favorites of mine and I'm always finding new discoveries that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
 
Last edited:
@Mystic touched on it a few pages ago so I will second it.

FRANK ZAPPA!!!!!, seriously the man put out a monstrous amount of music some definable some that was not either way a serious composer & musician.

You mentioned you you liked classical? Frank did put out some symphonic & orchestral pieces that might float your boat.

Here's a piece he composed & recorded on a Synclavier a type of digital synthesizer, at the time he didn't think humans could play it. Well many years later a collective of Zappa aficionado's took a crack at it as seen & heard here.

 
Back
Top Bottom