• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

I scored this Chrome tape at GW for a buck yesterday. It is a copy of Dvorak Symphony #9 in E minor. It plays like brand new. The 2nd movement on the first side, "Largo," is regarded as one of the most beautiful pieces in all symphonic history. I concur. This is a MUST HAVE in any classical collection. Happy listening guys n' gals. :)

 
My newest acquisition... A CrO2 copy of Buddy Rich "Live on King Street" master recording. Man this guy can play the drums!! It's a little "big-bandy" but worth a listen for sure. Buddy Rich has been regarded as one of the greatest drummers if not "the greatest" drummer of all time. You can still see his personal drum set installed in the showroom of The Professional Drum Shop in Hollywood Ca. I suggest you check it out if you ever visit L.A. Every big name in music has sourced their percussion instruments from this store since 1959! Michael Jackson came in to purchase a cow bell one morning and cut straight to the front of the line. The owner Stan told him he'd have to wait his turn like everybody else. My glove is off to you sir. Lol! I love it. What a piece of history. :)

 
Last edited:
My newest acquisition... A CrO2 copy of Buddy Rich "Live on King Street" master recording. Man this guy can play the drums!! It's a little "big-bandy" but worth a listen for sure. Buddy Rich has been regarded as one of the greatest drummers if not "the greatest" drummer of all time. You can still see his personal drum set installed in the showroom of The Professional Drum Shop in Hollywood Ca. I suggest you check it out if you ever visit L.A. Every big name in music has sourced their percussion instruments from this store since 1959! What a piece of history. :)


Wow, great looking tape. I bet it sounds fantastic.
 
Gave this little chrome tape a listen after finding it at GW for a buck and this baby swings. The sound quality surprised me, the mids are quite warm with well rounded bass and crisp highs that seem impossible on a cassette. I love chrome tapes. My afternoon is complete! I am just gonna let this tape play out on my auto reverse deck in the background while I smoke beef back ribs with apple wood outside on the back deck. :)

 
Rileys emporium in greenfield indiana
Has some old classic ,other reel t reel
Try to post pictures.some 4 track
 

Attachments

  • 20220126_153103.jpg
    20220126_153103.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220126_153107.jpg
    20220126_153107.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220126_153114.jpg
    20220126_153114.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220126_153155.jpg
    20220126_153155.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220126_153813.jpg
    20220126_153813.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 19
Answered an ad on Craigslist and grabbed 172 (maybe more) cassettes for $20

Includes the following:
62 Type I's
14 Type II's
2 Type IV's
31 pre-recorded keepers (lots of good titles, still need to play grade them all) from Rush to The Ramones!
26 rejects (not interested titles)
37 rejects misc. garbage (xmas, spoken word, worship, etc)

Attach47617_20220217_162312.jpg

They also threw in a box of CD's for $5
So far had culled about 15 keepers.

Attach47618_20220217_162312.jpg
 
Grabbed these today on Offerup for $5 each.

Led Zeppelin box set and Elton John "To Be Continued" box set. Both in cassette version.
The LZ box has a couple scuffs and one torn corner, but otherwise in great shape. Looks hardly played at all.
The EJ is near mint. In fact two of the cassettes are still sealed.

20220304_135048.jpg

20220304_135051.jpg
 
I wouldn't call it the mother lode, but I snagged 9 reel to reel tapes at an estate sale this weekend. Went to the sale on day 1 and saw the tapes, but they were overpriced (not really, but more than I wanted to pay if I was buying a bunch) and self-recorded. You never know what you're going to get with those. I bought one for $8, just to see if it was a quality recording, and worth taking a risk on more of them. It was.

Went back in the final hour of the weekend sale today and nobody else had scavenged them, so I got eight more for a buck apiece. :D

The best part is that they all contain multiple albums. So here's what I got, in no particular order:

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
Jefferson Airplane - Bark
Jefferson Airplane - Worst of
The Doors (unlabeled, haven't listened yet)
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
Unlabeled multiple selections from "Live at Woodstock"
The Searchers
Wild Angels (soundtrack?)
Beach Boys -Endless Summer
unknown side 2
The Doors - Waiting for the Sun
Iron Butterfly - Live
Beatles - Meet the Beatles
Beatles - Something New
Beatles - A Hard Days Night
Beatles - '65
Beatles - Second Album
Beatles - HELP!
Beatles - Yellow Submarine
Led Zeppelin - 1
Led Zeppelin - 2
Led Zeppelin - 3
Led Zeppelin - 4
Donovan - unknown yet
Cream - unknown yet

25 albums of tapey beauty for a total of $16. I'm a happy guy!
 
Back
Top Bottom