• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Separates from Line Magnetic...

Very nice designs although I'm not a fan of their gold faced models. Sure I could live with them if I had too. The sacrifices I'm willing to make in the name of good audio.

cubdog
 
All the gold plates can be had in silver or black. FWIW. At least where I live not sure about the US.
 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Golf claps for the LM gear, great pic's and thanks for the heads-up!

Happy Listening!:beatnik:
 
RGA, how does this new integrated compare against the 219ia you reviewed in another thread? It is certainly more wpc, but that 219 was a 120 pound beast. One reviewer of the 219 in Arizona loved it but had to get rid of it as it added 20 degrees of temperature to his listening room.
 
Also the same reviewer of the 219 says the stock tubes weren't great and had to spend $1,500 for upgraded tubes to make the amp sound right. One would think at $7,500, the 219 would be plug and play and sound great. What is your experience?
 
Here's their new 60 watt integrated

140108024947.JPG

droolworthy!!! As in a young Raquel Welsh drooollll!!!! numnumnumnum!!!!
 
Very nice designs although I'm not a fan of their gold faced models. Sure I could live with them if I had too. The sacrifices I'm willing to make in the name of good audio.



cubdog


The gold is badass. Who wants another silver or black component. So over silver and black. I love that brands like Sonneteer and Odyssey offer color options. I like my gear to look good and sound good.

- Woody
 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

+1 for the gold face plate on the integrated.

On the subject of the 212E tube though in the G-212, not a lot of choices for NOS or availability (period). It's bad-ass, no kidding but... I think I'd opt for the Coincident Dragon Mk.II with a pair of push/pull 211's, a 300b driver, and a 6EM7 super tube for input, per mono block and take the saving to buy a whole crap load of vinyl, sorry.

(Oh, my God! I've finally turned into my dad, the voice of reason):D
My apologies for being a buzz kill.

Happy Listening! :beatnik:
 
Also the same reviewer of the 219 says the stock tubes weren't great and had to spend $1,500 for upgraded tubes to make the amp sound right. One would think at $7,500, the 219 would be plug and play and sound great. What is your experience?

Yes I read that but unfortunately he runs speakers I would not touch with a ten foot pole. So there are always a myriad of issues when you have opinions. It sounds terrific as it is. Tube rolling helps but tube rolling helps all tube amplifiers. Pretty much every tube amp maker supplies a consistent product - which means they supply common tubes so that if Bob goes in he gets the same sound amp that Frank got. Since there are a limited number of new old stock tubes out there manufacturers typically supply their amps with "cheap" tubes.

This is not to say they're bad tubes but they don't have the extra special qualities some people attribute them. So I asked the US imported about the tubes for the 219IA and Jonathan Halpern told me that the tubes in dire need of replacement were the preamp tubes (the least costly one). 2 12AX7. All the other tubes are quite good.

The 310A is very difficult to find - Not expensive from the tube store but basically I've seen about 3 brands that you can actually get supplied. There is an alternate tube type I forget the model number. The 310A and 300B are driver tubes anyway so I can't see spending large on those. That leaves the 845 output tube. Line Magnetic has their own tubes made by PSVane - a very good tube indeed. So the stock tube is fine. The HK dealer doesn't recommend most expensive ones and prefers Full Music tubes. But John doesn't care for them all that much from what I can tell.

Then it's about how each tube type affects the other tubes. Maybe TJ Full Music stinks with Shuguang 12AX7 but sounds great with Ratheons.

Stock IMO the amp sounds very good - but I have changed the stock 12AX7 for Ratheon black plates for under $200. There are many good ones - this is one the store happened to have a special on and I had several tube guys concur that this was one of those top 3-4 12AX7 tubes. Listed number 1 for some and number 3 for some but consensus that pretty much everyone liked it. And it is a pretty big improvement.

Note: All my auditions leading up to my purchase were with the stock tubes or just the preamp tubes replaced. You do NOT need to go out and drop large coin on tubes.

I also think the heat commentary is pushing it a bit. I mean it's not insane and while the tubes get hot the transformers only get warm. Then again ask me again in the summer. Maybe the air conditioner will add some noise - no problem - turn the volume up. I am not anal enough I guess. :D
 
RGA, how does this new integrated compare against the 219ia you reviewed in another thread? It is certainly more wpc, but that 219 was a 120 pound beast. One reviewer of the 219 in Arizona loved it but had to get rid of it as it added 20 degrees of temperature to his listening room.

I have not heard or seen this amp yet. It is a higher power push pull amp using KT88s so chances are it won't be my cup of tea. I prefer EL34 for Push Pull generally over KT 88 and I prefer the 211IA over the 216IA though the latter is a really good KT88. Depends on taste and the types of music and speaker you use. KT88 to me has more SS grip but EL34 done well sound more delicate and nuanced. Then again for Push Pull amps there is the ECL82 Audio Note I-Zero which is about as good as I have heard from Push Pull and better than any push pull amplifier I have heard using EL34, KT88, or KT120 and flies so far under the radar it is criminal.
 
I have not heard or seen this amp yet. It is a higher power push pull amp using KT88s so chances are it won't be my cup of tea. I prefer EL34 for Push Pull generally over KT 88 and I prefer the 211IA over the 216IA though the latter is a really good KT88. Depends on taste and the types of music and speaker you use. KT88 to me has more SS grip but EL34 done well sound more delicate and nuanced. Then again for Push Pull amps there is the ECL82 Audio Note I-Zero which is about as good as I have heard from Push Pull and better than any push pull amplifier I have heard using EL34, KT88, or KT120 and flies so far under the radar it is criminal.

I`m very interested in the 216IA. Can the EL34 tube be used in place of the KT88 if i`m in the mood for the EL34 signature on a particular day?

My dealer (Pitch Perfect Audio) will be getting some 216IA`s in soon, can`t wait to hear them.
 
I`m very interested in the 216IA. Can the EL34 tube be used in place of the KT88 if i`m in the mood for the EL34 signature on a particular day?

My dealer (Pitch Perfect Audio) will be getting some 216IA`s in soon, can`t wait to hear them.

It says it can in the manual, but I've never confirmed with anyone. Maybe shoot an email to Tone Imports?
 
I`m very interested in the 216IA. Can the EL34 tube be used in place of the KT88 if i`m in the mood for the EL34 signature on a particular day?

My dealer (Pitch Perfect Audio) will be getting some 216IA`s in soon, can`t wait to hear them.

Never seen a tube amp that could switch the output tubes. That would be interesting - though if it could do that why would the 211IA EL34 amp exist?
 
Never seen a tube amp that could switch the output tubes. That would be interesting - though if it could do that why would the 211IA EL34 amp exist?

I just emailed Tone Imports so they should be able to answer. It would not be a deal breaker for me as i like the dynamics of the KT88`s, just trying to learn as much as i can about the amp.
 
Back
Top Bottom