• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Separates from Line Magnetic...

random question but on my 518 the bias meter says 2012, and what seems to be a random model number. I've seen similar on photos such as Steve huffs review of the 219 where it says lm0019 2010.10.12 anyways I always thought that was a bit strange
 
I had a chance to listen to the 518IA today and what a great sounding amp, even though the rated power is less than the 216IA it just opened up the speakers to a nice presentation of music, full of body and richness that extended well beyond the speakers presenting a realness of music in the room.

I brought the 216IA home today because at the moment it fits my budget and does sound very good but i have my sights set on a 518IA in the future. The 518IA is a must listen to.
 
I had a chance to listen to the 518IA today and what a great sounding amp, even though the rated power is less than the 216IA it just opened up the speakers to a nice presentation of music, full of body and richness that extended well beyond the speakers presenting a realness of music in the room.

I brought the 216IA home today because at the moment it fits my budget and does sound very good but i have my sights set on a 518IA in the future. The 518IA is a must listen to.

:thmbsp: Congrats!
 
Klipsch Forte speakers are my speakers. I heard the LM amps with the 8k DeVore speakers, not sure of the model. The 216 sounded a little veiled with the DeVore speakers but the 518 sounded really great with the DeVores so bringing home the 216 i was a little concerned, but the Forte`s and 216 seem to be a good match with much of the veil being lifted. The amp is new so more time should open it up even more. I will post some photos soon.
 
I had a chance to listen to the 518IA today and what a great sounding amp, even though the rated power is less than the 216IA it just opened up the speakers to a nice presentation of music, full of body and richness that extended well beyond the speakers presenting a realness of music in the room.

I brought the 216IA home today because at the moment it fits my budget and does sound very good but i have my sights set on a 518IA in the future. The 518IA is a must listen to.

If you are like me, you'll be very happy. When I listened to the 216IA (because my dealer called me and asked If I wanted to give a listen- he called the LM Audio stuff special) I really liked the sound coming from the amp. I was hesitant in buying a Chinese made amp, but he assured me I had full backing from the distributor. So I took the plunge, with my blue collar money.

Now over two years later, it has become my favorite piece of audio. I am running some NOS Sylvania tubes that are military grade and sound very good in the preamp, and new Genelex reissue Gold Lions as power tubes.
This amp, just sounds right. I used to have an Odyssey Stratos amp and a Candela (tube preamp) and the Line Magnetic Audio amp (based on an older Western Electric design) sounds much, much better. I think Klaus of Odyssey hates Chinese gear, so I think it's ironic this one sounds better than his stuff to me.
 
Last edited:
If you are like me, you'll be very happy. When I listened to the 216IA (because my dealer called me and asked If I wanted to give a listen- he called the LM Audio stuff special) I really liked the sound coming from the amp. I was hesitant in buying a Chinese made amp, but he assured me I had full backing from the distributor. So I took the plunge, with my blue collar money.

Now over two years later, it has become my favorite piece of audio. I am running some NOS Sylvania tubes that are military grade and sound very good in the preamp, and new Genelex reissue Gold Lions as power tubes.
This amp, just sounds right. I used to have an Odyssey Stratos amp and a Candela (tube preamp) and the Line Magnetic Audio amp (based on an older Western Electric design) sounds much, much better. I think Klaus of Odyssey hates Chinese gear, so I think it's ironic this one sounds better than his stuff to me.

The amp does have a good musical tone to it and i`m thinking it can only get better. Thanks for the heads up on the tubes.
 
I noticed yesterday when i got the amp home and hooked everything up that the second and last power tube sockets felt loose and wiggled a little within the amp while the other sockets are tight, i only found this out after checking to see if the tubes were well seated, they were but the sockets themselves are moving. Is this normal for this amp? I`m thinking as with other amps that they should not be moving.
 
No movement should be on the tube sockets. Could make you blow tubes as well as other problems. Better contact your dealer.
 
If that was a secondhand example I'd suggest giving the sockets a bit of tension using some screw drivers but since it's new you may contact the dealer.
 
Two quick photos. Doing some remodeling so forgive the dust.
 

Attachments

  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 79
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 88
Nice amp. dump the preamp tubes - the other tubes should be PSVANE/Shuguangs and should be pretty good.

I've read good things about the PSVANE grey bottle 88s and heard an amp with them that sounded excellent - so down the line might be worth considering $435 for four.

TII-KT88-pair-with-box.jpg


http://psvanetube.com/wordpress/store/products/kt88-tii-quad/#
 
Congrats! If you can, change at least the 12ax7s. I use mine with Psvanes to great effect.

Just ordered the tubes this morning from GF.

I have about 24hrs. on the amp now and it`s really starting to open up. The tone is great with great texture and layers to the music, plus the 3D imaging is realistic.
 
Did you get an answer to the loose tube socket question?

I did some checking myself and found that it was not the sockets that were loose but the tube when inserted into the sockets, the tubes moved so much that i really thought it was the sockets themselves. I took the tubes out and reinserted them about 5-6 times and the pins did tighten up in the sockets. I guess the metal clips in the sockets needed some movement.??
 
Back
Top Bottom