• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Once more Sansui transistor substitutions

Well, I used to be a subcsriber - not anymore. With the old forum software that was not an issue and everybody could edit their posts. When I commented about the problem last year nobody could edit with the new software. Seems like the mods figured out a good way to try to blackmail people into subscribing by making this new rule - not. At this time I don't feel that this way is a good way to get people to pay so I wont be subcsribing just to edit this post. Hope nobody screws up their Sansui because of it.

Again: double check before using any of these lists. Print or copy/paste the list in the first post, read through the thread and see if there is corrections posted which never made to my list due forum software and editing policy change. Correct them to your list. Then double check with other sources also if possible.

EDIT: updated list below, ignore original list.
 
Last edited:
Well, I used to be a subcsriber - not anymore. With the old forum software that was not an issue and everybody could edit their posts. When I commented about the problem last year nobody could edit with the new software. Seems like the mods figured out a good way to try to blackmail people into subscribing by making this new rule - not. At this time I don't feel that this way is a good way to get people to pay so I wont be subcsribing just to edit this post. Hope nobody screws up their Sansui because of it.

Again: double check before using any of these lists.
I feel the same way about the edit functionality
 
Please note, the list on post #1 is obsolete and here is the corrected list per posts on this thread. This is less elegant solution (to post the whole list again vs. correcting the original) but only kind of correction I can make currently. Again, this is not absolutely correct list, I have only gathered what people have used or recommended previously in dozens of old threads into one list. So, double check the data before ordering and installing parts.

If you spot errors please point them out and I'll make the correction if I can (I guess I have couple of hours to correct this list before I lose editing rights?)..


Original ---- Substitution(s)

2SA561 --- KSA733C (C-suffix= collector center)
2SA562 --- BC327
2SA606/2SC959 --- NTE129MCP (Complementary pair product #)
2SA640 --- KSA992 or the beefier ZTX795A
2SA697 --- ZTX795A
2SA706 --- KSA1381ESTU, BD136
2SA726 --- KSA992FTA/-FBU, BC560
2SA733 --- KSA733C (C= collector center)
2SA745 --- MJ15004G, upgrade: MJ21193
2SA747 --- MJ21193G (for example AU-9900/11000 output)
2SA750 --- KSA992FBU
2SA818 --- KSA1381 (pin order!), KSA1142, (2SA0914?)
2SA839 --- MJE15033 (PNP). (or MJE15035)
2SA847 --- KSA992
2SA850 --- KSA1013, KSA992
2SA896 --- KSA1381ESTU (pin order!)
2SA899 --- KSA1142, KSA1220AYS, KSA1381
2SA908 --- MJ21193G, MJ21195G (for example AU-20K output)
2SA914 --- KSA1142, KSA1381
2SA917 --- 2N5400 (pin order!)
2SA939 --- KSA1381, KSA1220AY
2SA958 --- Sansui-parts says 2SA839 can be replaced with 2SA958 - what about other way around?
2SA968 --- MJE15033
2SA981 --- MJ21194G
2SA1105 --- 2SA1695
2SA1106 --- 2SA1695 (avail. fr. Digikey), NJW1302G


2SB327 --- KSA1220A
2SB507 --- MJE15033G
2SB507(E,F) --- KSA1010Y
2SB526 --- MJE15033
2SB527 --- MJE15033, KSA1220
2SB528 --- 2SA1837 (TO220, fully insulated case)
2SB528(E) E=150~300 PNP --- KSA1220A(Y)S Y=160~320 PNP TO-126
2SB536 --- KSA1304Y, MJE15033G
2SB537 --- MJE15031G
2SB545(A) --- MJ21193G
2SB560 PNP --- KSA916 PNP KSA916(Y)TA Y=120~240 TO-92L


2SC458 --- 2SC2240, 2SC1345
2SC735 --- BC337
2SC871 --- 2SC2240, KSC1845, or even BC549C or BC550C (pin out differences!)
2SC875 --- ZTX694B
2SC945 --- KSC945C (C= collector center)
2SC983 --- KSC1845
2SC1116 --- MJ21194G (for example AU-9900/11000 output)
2SC1124 --- MJE15032G but that might be overkill and you could consider KSC2073
2SC1211 --- KSC2383
2SC1313 --- KSC1815
2SC1364 --- KSC945C (best if used on protection board), KSC2690 (for more demanding use)
2SC1400 --- KSC1845
2SC1402 --- MJ21194
2SC1403A --- MJ15003G, upgrade MJ21194
2SC1585 --- MJ21194G, MJ21196G (for example AU-20K output)
2SC1628 --- KSC3503 (pin order!), (2SC1953?)
2SC1669 --- MJE15032
2SC1708 --- KSC1845
2SC711 --- KSC945C(G)TA G=200~400 TO-92
2SC1735 --- KSC2383, KSC1845
2SC1811 --- KSC3503ESTU
2SC1904 --- KSC3503, KSC2690AY
2SC1951 --- ZTX694B
2SC1953 --- KSC2682, KSC3503
2SC959/2SA606 --- NTE129MCP (Complementary pair product #)
2SC1983 --- TIP112F or KSD1273Q
2SC2071 --- KSC3503, KSC2690AY
2SC2238 --- MJE15032
2SC2261 --- MJ21193G
2SC2580 --- 2SC4468
2SC2581 --- 2SC4468 (avail. fr. Digikey), NJW3281G


2SD188(A) --- MJ21194G
2SD247 --- MJ15003G
2SD313(E,F) --- KSC2334Y
2SD356 --- MJE15032
2SD357 --- KSC2690A, KSC2073
2SD358(E) E=150~300 NPN --- KSC2690A(Y)S Y=160~320 NPN TO-126
2SD381 --- KSC3296Y, MJE15032
2SD382 --- MJE15030G, MJE15032
2SD438 NPN --- KSC2316 NPN KSC2316(Y)TA Y=120~240 TO-92L

------------------------
Here is some diode and zener subs I've seen mentioned while collecting transistors:


Diodes/rectifiers:

10D1 --- 1N5392, 1N5393, EGP20B
10D2 --- 1N5392, 1N5393, EGP20D, EGP30D
30D2 --- 1N5402G, EGP50D
1S1588 --- 1S2473, 1N4148
1S2473 ---- 1N4148, 1N4149
VD1212 --- 2pcs of 1N4148 connected in series
1S1850 --- MUR1620CTG (TO220) - or use 1N5393G (200V 1.5A) or 2A03 (200V/2A) to make your own Common Cathode -diode pack
1S1850R --- MUR1620CTRG (TO220) - or use 1N5393G (200V 1.5A) or 2A03 (200V/2A) to make your own Common Anode -diode pack


Zeners

EQB01-22 --- BZV85-C22 or 1N4748A
RD-13A --- TZX13A-TR
RD-15E --- ??? Maybe 1N5245BTR, comments?

RD-22E --- ??? Maybe 1N5251BTR, Comments?
 
Last edited:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/38772/SANYO/2SB560.html

2SB560 PNP ==>> KSA916 PNP KSA916(Y)TA Y=120~240 TO-92L
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/KSA916-889421.pdf

2SD438 NPN ==>> KSC2316 NPN KSC2316(Y)TA Y=120~240 TO-92L
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/KSC2316-889341.pdf


2SD358(E) E=150~300 NPN ==>> KSC2690A(Y)S Y=160~320 NPN TO-126
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/KSC2690A-889454.pdf

2SB528(E) E=150~300 PNP ==>> KSA1220A(Y)S Y=160~320 PNP TO-126
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/KSA1220A-889389.pdf
 
Last edited:
Thank you guys/gals for the updates! They make Sansui-life easier for all of us!! :smoke:

EDIT: hey! I still could update the list above so its now updated with the info above this post! :)

EDIT2: when I do lose editing privileges to a list I will post an updated list again to this thread so always look for the last list you can find in the thread.
 
Last edited:
Be cautious with the ksa992 subs, many Sansui used the 2sa726 with a Center collector, if that is the case be sure you order the equivalent replacement ksa992C--- the 'c' indicates center collector e-c-b
 
Recently curve traced some 2SC871(f) transistors from the phono stage of a 2000A. They used the same ones in the 2000X. They're much higher hfe than I would have thought- 500 to 1000. I don't have a data sheet that shows the gain groups. The KSC1845(f) is a decent low noise replacement, but about half the hfe. The e or u part would be a better choice if you can get them. Remember to face the flat opposite the silkscreen as it's reversed from the 871. Note that Sansui takes out the eq and runs the aux through the phono board too, so that's the circuitry your CD player passes through. My guess is a lot of rebuilds have been done with low gain parts that might compromise performance.
 
Back
Top Bottom