• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Orsefon C22 (McIntosh C-22 circuit copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
buying something that is so pretentiously conceived as a lookalike (not simply a ‘clone’) is beyond bad taste.
+1
I received the Shuguang 2AX7-TA and 12AT7-TA today. It turned out that those tubes have very bad quality control. 4 out of 9 tubes was dead or near dead.
I have to send back 4 of it tomorrow.
But... "The shop in China said it carbon coating and have 5000 hours life time and have sweet sound like a 300B."

Lies like this are only one problem buying Chinese audio gear - tubes, kits, or otherwise. Not to mention that every dollar you send to China is a dollar that pushes legitimate manufacturers who care about their customers and product quality into obscurity. If any of you had ever spent time in mainland China and had come to understand the lack of values and ethics on the part of manufacturers and resellers, none of this would even be under discussion. And although I wouldn't have believed it could get worse, the few entities attempting to establish Western standards for their work are now being crushed by the declining Chinese economy and furtherance of deceptive practices by the majority of competing businesses and individuals. "Buyer beware" was never more true.

Jack
 
About the opamps.
As this pictures :

C22h (1).png
1 for XLR output
3 for MCMM
4 for Bass Treble
But i don't know what opamps in area 2 for. Anyone can help ?
 
Last edited:
So sad. And I can’t help but imagine that these knockoff-McIntosh amps and preamps are assembled by six-year-old girls, working 18-hour-days, who are too poor even to listen to recorded music.
Or that can buy a Real iPhone" but can purchase an "iPhone" rip off like Huawei, Xiaomi, Vivo so the CCP can listed to its citizens.
 
Hello.I have only a part of the circuit, a tone block and a lamp block. If you have the rest of the diagram, please share it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20250109-WA0003(1).jpg
    IMG-20250109-WA0003(1).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 26
By the way, you should try a new 2024 Black version of Shungang 12AX7, 12AT7 tubes. The shop in China said it carbon coating and have 5000 hours life time and have sweet sound like a 300B. I already ordered 9 of it, 2 12AX7 for C22 and 7 for MC275. I will report back the quality after reaceive it.

View attachment 3375294
That's the crappiest looking glass I've ever seen.
 
Alps 100K Blue Velvet RK27 is installed and without the remote. Compared to the Alps RK168, the RK27 is very musical, clean and deeper.
At this time, we are done with the upgrades and looking to put sometime on the Pre-Amp (125hrs currently). I will be switching out
the stock Orsefon Tubes at 200hrs and will update to what brands.

View attachment 2714784

Stupid question. Since I seem to copy everything you've done, I was looking at going Blue Velvet. I plan on retaining remote control on mine. I've noticed my current volume is a 100k linear taper. Wouldn't it be better to go with the log taper? Second, and more important. I've noticed a resistor only across the right inputs and outputs on volume control. Why is it only on the right channel? Do I simply swap this resistor on the right in/out when I drop the Blue Velvet in? What about the left channel? I'm reading up on the theory behind the resistor, but I'm a little confused why it's on one channel in my stock setup.
 

Attachments

  • 20250131_172548.jpg
    20250131_172548.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 26
Stupid question. Since I seem to copy everything you've done, I was looking at going Blue Velvet. I plan on retaining remote control on mine. I've noticed my current volume is a 100k linear taper. Wouldn't it be better to go with the log taper? Second, and more important. I've noticed a resistor only across the right inputs and outputs on volume control. Why is it only on the right channel? Do I simply swap this resistor on the right in/out when I drop the Blue Velvet in? What about the left channel? I'm reading up on the theory behind the resistor, but I'm a little confused why it's on one channel in my stock setup.
Figured it out. The pot had about 4k difference in resistance between the channels. That 2.2meg resistor lowered the resistance on the right channel just a smidge and created a better match to the left channel. I'm rather impressed they bothered with that little detail!
 
A few upgrades too this unit. I noticed when changing the Balance rotary pot an uneven Left/Right balance. A quick check
on the Multimeter and the Right side was off -35%. Replace with New Bourns Audio and A OK. I also changed on the Tone Control
board Burson V6 Classic DUAL to Burson V6 VIVID DUAL with is more Vivid in the Treble/Bass. The V6 Class was too relaxed.

Next up is to replace the Remote Volume Control with Alps 100K Blue Velvet.

Schaffner AC Power EMI/RFI Filter
Balance Switch: Bourns Audio Pot 100k

View attachment 2712041 View attachment 2712042View attachment 2712048
Can you please provide the schematic for the Orsefon C22? I have the new one , without the balance potentiometer. I would like to add the balance function. Thank you very much and regards..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom