• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

d-ray, x_25, bre's dad, Reel 2 Reel, Maxx, kbott... Do you think it's a thing, audio enthusiasts also potentially being sci-fi fans? I don't actually know any other sci-fi fans who aren't at least a little into well-reproduced sound...

Anyway, Yeah. TNG is the ****. So is TOS (I've got two episodes to go!). DS9 was lots of fun, though not quite up to the standards of the previous series, and Voyager was just outstanding. I haven't seen any Enterprise yet.

Any love out there for Stargate SG-1/Atlantis? Firefly? Andromeda?

Hey here's an idea start a sci fi thread??????
 
New TT addition to my system

New Logic DM 101 with a Grado cart sounds wonderful needs a belt though. Now I need to get used to a fully manual table. My Technic's 1600 MKII spoiled me:D
 
Last edited:
Hi Gio, welcome to AK.

Nice set up. How do you like the Concertos?

Hello onepixel, thanks for the compliment. The Concertos are warm with excellent mids and well suited for vocals, jazz, and small ensemble music which is just right for my listening preference and room size.
 
Wow, Gio! Sharp-looking rigs! I'll bet they sound fantastic! What is that brown turntable on the right of the first pic? Thorens?

Thanks Citizen Gain. It's a vintage Heybrook TT2 with Linn Basik LXV1 tonearm and Clearaudio Aurum Alpha cart. In the lower rack is my spare Thorens TD 160.
 
[QUOTE
I wanna thank you all people of AudioKarma for the help that you gave me!!! Specially at the chat room :thmbsp
:wave:[/QUOTE]

Great looking gear, Sergio. Welcome to AK! :yes:

Rick
 
Okay this is my first post, here's my space. I own a Philips 202 made in Holland, amplifier and speakers are from national brands (i live in Argentina)
Iam waiting my Shure m97xe from USA to start listening my stuff :D
Iam also a noob in vintage audio, get all this things for free, except for the cartridge...

I wanna thank you all people of AudioKarma for the help that you gave me!!! Specially at the chat room :thmbsp:

:wave:

Beautiful Philips! I still miss my GA-212! :tears:

Welcome from Texas!
 
Hello AKers,
Just testing out a new camera by taking pics of my system and thought this is as good a time as any to post a pic of my listening space. I've been lovin' the music from Yamaha NS-1000 / McIntosh combos. Also trying the 2nd pair of Yammies with Aleph/Rowland combo.
Regards,
Thanh
 

Attachments

  • system2.jpg
    system2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 463
Thanks Specialidiot,
The Aleph 5 power amp is on the floor under one of the left speakers. The Rowland consonnance preamp is under the MR71 tuner.
Regards,
Thanh
 
Updated!

Did a bit (OK, a lot) of re-arranging tonight...I had to move some stuff around to make room for the speakers. Opened up the area that the system and the speakers are in, and sound now fills the room... :music:

Room%20003.jpg
 
Hey Draconus: Very nice room you have there. I like the color scheme and the wine-rack! Just my style; Speakers aimed at the sweet spot and a cozy area to relax.

Sorry mate, didn't catch your reply earlier. Thanks, yes I like it too. it was the 'formal' lounge at one point, but since we added the larger sitting/TV room off to the left of the picture we hardly use it. So waste not, want not:music:
 
I just moved into a new space and am still getting used to bouncier floors and a closer listening position (12 ft. vs. 18ft.) but there is no traffic noise, big plus.
Any way I'd like to see shots of peoples listening rooms. floors walls ceilings the chair or couch included if possible. Here's one.
Can we have a sub- section, just for me? Totally mid 70s average system,
large sunroom,tiled floors. One wall brick, other wall glass and alluminium.
Crap accoustics, but its my space,away from wife and kids!
 
Nice system with a nice lived in look, Cable! Is that Joe Ely in the LP stack? Great album! Everything except that thing with the "N" on it. Just joking....

markinIOWA
 
Did a bit (OK, a lot) of re-arranging tonight...I had to move some stuff around to make room for the speakers. Opened up the area that the system and the speakers are in, and sound now fills the room... :music:

Room%20003.jpg

What a great lamp! Is it "fragile'"? Is it Italian? Is it a major award? What a great lamp!

Nice system too!
 
Back
Top Bottom