• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Picture from your listening spot right now!

On the left hand side of the rack, a Sony CDP C79ES CD player... Below is a Grundig 'Fine Arts' T-9000 Tuner and matching Grundig A-9000 integrated amp. On the lowest shelf is a Grundig CCT-903 dual cassette deck. The almost -all Grundig stereo... ;-)
They made some real nice solid-state equipment in the 80s and 90s - they've become some of my favorite pieces of gear... Rare in the US, and sound really great together....

Now this is very cool at least to me!!!:beerchug::thumbsup: Very cool to see and ever cooler that you have almost all Grundig!:eek:

To be honest I only ever knew them for things like Klangbox or something of that nature. Maybe a cool all in one with some neat speakers and they made real nice tabletop radios. That was all I ever seen. Thanks for sharing with us:thumbsup:
 
Now this is very cool at least to me!!!:beerchug::thumbsup: Very cool to see and ever cooler that you have almost all Grundig!:eek:

To be honest I only ever knew them for things like Klangbox or something of that nature. Maybe a cool all in one with some neat speakers and they made real nice tabletop radios. That was all I ever seen. Thanks for sharing with us:thumbsup:

Thanks for that... Grundig is most famous for 1950s/60s tube radios, as you know... If you have an account at HiFi Engine, you can download/have a look at Grundig catalogs from the 80s & 90s - the 'Fine Arts' catalog, in particular, has some very nice equipment in it. I found the pieces separately, on eBay - I think they were calling me...

Are you ex-military? I'm retired Air Force...
 
Thanks for that... Grundig is most famous for 1950s/60s tube radios, as you know... If you have an account at HiFi Engine, you can download/have a look at Grundig catalogs from the 80s & 90s - the 'Fine Arts' catalog, in particular, has some very nice equipment in it. I found the pieces separately, on eBay - I think they were calling me...

Are you ex-military? I'm retired Air Force...

I do have an account on Hi-Fi Engine! I will certainly check it out!

I'm not ex-military. The name is a play on my favorite Beatles album Sgt. Peppers. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who is or was in the any of the armed forces. I hope it doesn't come off like that.
 
I do have an account on Hi-Fi Engine! I will certainly check it out!

I'm not ex-military. The name is a play on my favorite Beatles album Sgt. Peppers. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who is or was in the any of the armed forces. I hope it doesn't come off like that.

Nah, no disrespect taken - nice tribute - carry on! ;-)
 
One of five...both systems and cats.
 

Attachments

  • 4D9DABE5-E943-4CBD-B7F0-A16DBBA20EEB.jpeg
    4D9DABE5-E943-4CBD-B7F0-A16DBBA20EEB.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 47
Unfinished basements don't photograph well but if I finish all my other projects, there will be a proper listening room down there.
But I'm not complaining. It sounds better than it should.
The LP rack I made from car siding I tore off the sunroom roof. I'm not carpenter but I'm happy w the way it turned out.
20201202_203758.jpg
20201202_203951.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom