• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SA-8100 Recap

CohibaJoe

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Working on a 2nd Recap project...SA-8800.

For the lite Blue caps (Low Leakage). 2 are out of stock.

50V 100uf
35v 330uf

What would be the Panasonic version of the Nichicon KL?
 

Attachments

  • SA8800a.jpg
    SA8800a.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 66
  • SA8800e.jpg
    SA8800e.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 79
  • SA8800c.jpg
    SA8800c.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 65
  • SA8800d.jpg
    SA8800d.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Also would like to replace the Transistors:

2SB530
2SD370

What is the Replacement part?

1 more question...To Align the Idle and Neutral Polential is calling for a
4.7ohm Resistor...What is the WATTS for this?
 

Attachments

  • SA8100.JPG
    SA8100.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Sky blue SANYO caps are usually very small ones, definitely not 100uf or 330uf. Use UPW's. I ran the parts list, no low leakage 100 or 330's called for.

Lots of the large light blue caps on your pictures are mainly nichicons.

Using ukl's instead of upw's won't hurt anything (except your wallet a bit).

Panasonic low leakage electrolytics? I don't think they exist, but would welcome finding out to the contrary.

aligning neutral potential - just turn the volume down to zero. no resistors needed - just some obsessive perfectionists over thinking the plumbing.
BTW, that is supposed to be a 4.7 KILOHM (4700 ohms) resistor - and the wattage is nil, so 1/4 watt would do.

these:
2SB530 pnp
2SD370 npn
are your power output transistors. TO-3 110v 8a 80w
use:
........534-4662 to-3 mica insulators $0.16 each.................
863-MJ21193G pnp to-3 250v 16/30A 250W 8-75hfe 4mhz $4.07
863-MJ21194G npn to-3 250v 16/30A 250W 8-75hfe 4mhz $4.07

look forward to seeing the lists online!!
(please don't pull the trigger on parts before that, and if you use the format:
awr-216 C21 470 10 cea
awr-216 C22 220 16 cea
awr-216 C23 10 63 cea

awr-216 D6 KZL-140
awr-216 D13 MZ-110

awr-216 Q1 2SK34
awr-216 Q2 2SK34
of
board number, part location, uf, volts, etc
it will be a very enduring list.
 
Sky blue SANYO caps are usually very small ones, definitely not 100uf or 330uf. Use UPW's. I ran the parts list, no low leakage 100 or 330's called for.

Lots of the large light blue caps on your pictures are mainly nichicons.

Using ukl's instead of upw's won't hurt anything (except your wallet a bit).

Panasonic low leakage electrolytics? I don't think they exist, but would welcome finding out to the contrary.

aligning neutral potential - just turn the volume down to zero. no resistors needed - just some obsessive perfectionists over thinking the plumbing.
BTW, that is supposed to be a 4.7 KILOHM (4700 ohms) resistor - and the wattage is nil, so 1/4 watt would do.

these:
2SB530 pnp
2SD370 npn
are your power output transistors. TO-3 110v 8a 80w
use:
........534-4662 to-3 mica insulators $0.16 each.................
863-MJ21193G pnp to-3 250v 16/30A 250W 8-75hfe 4mhz $4.07
863-MJ21194G npn to-3 250v 16/30A 250W 8-75hfe 4mhz $4.07

look forward to seeing the lists online!!
(please don't pull the trigger on parts before that, and if you use the format:
awr-216 C21 470 10 cea
awr-216 C22 220 16 cea
awr-216 C23 10 63 cea

awr-216 D6 KZL-140
awr-216 D13 MZ-110

awr-216 Q1 2SK34
awr-216 Q2 2SK34
of
board number, part location, uf, volts, etc
it will be a very enduring list.

Thanks Mark!!!!! Will be putting up a list and will post before ordering.

Just completed(recap) a SG-9500 and I am getting in a SA-8800 and TX-9500 II...Will be recapping these so I may have some ?'s...I am going to Replace a SX-1050 with SA-8800, TX-9500 II and SG-9500. This combo should be very nice...anyone have some thoughts?
 
The SA-8100 is going ON/OFF on Protection Mode.

Need to check the Idle Current and from the adjustment sheet.
What pin is + or - ??? Not listed

Pin 1 and Pin 2
Pin 24 and Pin 25

I will then start to recap the following 1st.
AWM-027 - Protection Unit
AWR-030 - Power
AWK-020 - Filter Amp
 

Attachments

  • SA8100a.jpg
    SA8100a.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
really doesn't matter, it can't reverse.

I wasn't going to answer, until I saw you had the wrong pins listed, so.....

more positive toward the npn outputs...

Pin 1 - and Pin 2 +

NO Pin 23 and Pin 25 NO this would result in an INCORRECT setting.

pin 24 + and pin 25 -
 
really doesn't matter, it can't reverse.

I wasn't going to answer, until I saw you had the wrong pins listed, so.....

more positive toward the npn outputs...

Pin 1 - and Pin 2 +

NO Pin 23 and Pin 25 NO this would result in an INCORRECT setting.

pin 24 + and pin 25 -

Thanks Mark..Fixed typo..Recapped and set Idle and Neutral.
AWM-027 - Protection Unit
AWR-030 - Power
AWK-020 - Filter Amp

Turned on unit and was fine for about 10mins then Protection Relay kicked in.:scratch2:
 
Last edited:
What became of this

Was looking back through threads on Pioneer sa 8100 protection relay and found this and wondered if you ever corrected the problem and what it was. I have the same thing happening with one. Will play about 5 minutes and kick off. I a rudimentary knowledge of electronics and could use some help in determining if this is something I could fix and how.
Thanks for an update and any help.
 
tonight i will download the 90 meg service manual, then tomorrow i will be able to direct you to voltage measurement points WHEN THE UNIT IS IN PROTECTION

there are several things that can cause this, and we need to get the blame correct.

i understand why you tagged on to the end of this thread, and technically isn't a hijack, but you really deserve to start your own thread, as we will get quite involved in YOUR unit and I prefer just one unit per thread when I am troubleshooting / helping...
 
Last edited:
Thanks much. I am a neophyte with all of this so please excuse any ediquette lapses when posting. You must be highly regarded here as I also saw a lot of well wishers posting on your health. I hope you are well and really appreciate your help. As I work, I will check back later today for your next post.
 
tonight i will download the 90 meg service manual, then tomorrow i will be able to direct you to voltage measurement points WHEN THE UNIT IS IN PROTECTION

there are several things that can cause this, and we need to get the blame correct.

i understand why you tagged on to the end of this thread, and technically isn't a hijack, but you really deserve to start your own thread, as we will get quite involved in YOUR unit and I prefer just one unit per thread when I am troubleshooting / helping...

Thanks much. I am a neophyte with all of this so please excuse any ediquette lapses when posting. You must be highly regarded here as I also saw a lot of well wishers posting on your health. I hope you are well and really appreciate your help. As I work, I will check back later today for your next post.

MY next post? the ball is in YOUR court, start the new thread!! :D
 
Back
Top Bottom