• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pioneer sx 750 power switch

Shane Prost

New Member
Hi AKers,
I need a power switch for my sx-750 but I can't find it anywhere. Would sx-727 power switch fit the sx 750?
Thank you all.
 
Register to hide this ad
I also need to do the triac mod with an SX-750. I've done it twice on two SX-450's. First time it was a success, the second time, something isn't right and I get bad hum at startup for a few second. Not fully sure why yet...
 
Well the story goes,
Lights started flickering on startup and I knew it was the on-off switch in the back which is painful to take apart but I did. I cleaned the contacts and put it back together. Turned it on, lights not flickering anymore but lost speakers A. Speakers B working. Started messing with the speakers A tiny contacts on the switch and messed it all up. Gave up.
I'll just wait for an original switch to show up somewhere on internet.
Thanks ivandezande.
Good luck QSilver.
 
If you remove the switch (no need to take the speaker wires off) but quite a tedious job. You will be able to remove the power switch form the speaker selection switch by unscrewing 2 small but long screws. Make sure you catch and remember the placement of the spacers (6 total). Then you can open up the two aluminum rivets in such a manner that they can be removed and inspect the switch from the inside. In my case it was not repairable/rebuildable also the solder lug broke off. This switch is a noble TV5. On ebay I found a Noble TV3, this can be repurposed (again its tedius) and assembled back to the speaker selector switch. It would be nice to use it in con junction with an internal relay/triac but in my case I will not be wearing it out. Do study the service manual on how to remove the power switch from the unit there is a separate (hidden) nut to do this. I do not know the difference between a TV3 and a TV5 it might be the amp rating although I don't think so. Since it is stamped(TV3) I think it is the manner it is mounted in the unit
 
Greetings M0town - I have an sx750 apart - tried to fix the !@#$ power switch with non much improvement so I'll be looking around for the triac mod instructions. I am curious about the " how to remove the power switch from the unit there is a separate (hidden) nut " - are you talking about "Special Nut ABM-018" on page 11.6 part VI in the service manual?
 
Back
Top Bottom