• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Please Post your Infinity speakers

So which pair do you use most?

Well most recently, none of them, since I've been enthralled with my new main mancave system. The RS IIb's are hooked up, but I need to monkey with them and their driving components a bit.

I'm kinda tempted to ring them around the TV and use them for a little home theater....:scratch2:

ef00bc7c.jpg


852c2cac.jpg
 
Yeah, that's quite a nice collection there and a nice space for them. I gotta ask this quite likely off-topic question, that big blue horn thing with the vertical slot, I presume that's a ribbon driver in the slot, what brand and model is it?
 
My version of the Quantum 3, the construction of which is documented elsewhere in the forum.

TL;DR = rebuilt cabs to mirror image, increased mass, slightly increased the internal volume, added bi-amping capability.

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php
 
Just got some Kappa 6s from another AK'er. They are good enough that the Qb's are now stands until I get my AU-999 working again.



 
New to the forum, but an Infinity buff all my life. I currently own a Kappa video center, Kappa 9's, Kappa 5's for rears, and some SM150's in the basement for my gym. I got the Kappa 9's for $600, but they came painted...the most god aweful paint job ever. I included a before/after pic of my restoration. I've also replaced the dustcaps since the photos were taken. Right now I'm driving them with an Adcom GFA-6000, but I'm going to invest in a better power amp soon.

Before:

DSC06783.jpg


After:
DSC06793.jpg
 
Your 9's

You did a great job in stripping the paint and the finish on the oak looks beautiful...Bi amp them You will lovem even more...
 
+3 Impressive.
Most impressed with the small drop cloth, on how the black paint disappeared and you didn't get any on the white tile.
 
Well can't you tell, that black pait was a water based finger paint, just throw it in the tub behind it and out it comes squeaky clean.
 
Kappa 7's (1 refoamed)
Kappa 9's (original)
RS 4.5's (all refoamed)

Every single driver works in all of them (knocking on wood lol)
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1093.jpg
    DSCF1093.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF1022.jpg
    DSCF1022.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1023.jpg
    DSCF1023.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 89
:tears:that first pic...i saw at a thrift and missed by about 10 minutes, had a "meaningful" talk(lasted well over a half hour!) with GF at the time before i got there...they had a hold sign and the person buying them just walked in while i was looking them over...:no:
 
Infinity ERS-840

While searching for spare Infinity drivers I stumbled across a pair of ERS-840 in-wall speakers. To be honest, I had no idea that these speakers even existed. From what I can tell they were only available for one year, 1997. That means they must have been one of the very last speakers to use the original EMIT design. It is called an EMIT N in this series, but looks identical to the EMIT K in the Kappa series and Modulus satellites. Apparently the ERS-840 was the top model of the series with an 8" IMG woofer. I only listened to them for a few minutes, but what I heard I liked. They definitely have that 80s/90s Infinity sound. They are also in excellent condition. No dents in the grills or other marks. I am not sure what I will use them for, so for now they will be stored. One day when the need for a pair of in-wall speakers arises, I will have the perfect pair.
 

Attachments

  • ers-840.jpg
    ers-840.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 89
New to the forum, but an Infinity buff all my life. I currently own a Kappa video center, Kappa 9's, Kappa 5's for rears, and some SM150's in the basement for my gym. I got the Kappa 9's for $600, but they came painted...the most god aweful paint job ever. I included a before/after pic of my restoration. I've also replaced the dustcaps since the photos were taken. Right now I'm driving them with an Adcom GFA-6000, but I'm going to invest in a better power amp soon.

Before:

DSC06783.jpg


That was the Limited Edition piano black finish! Piano black and Santos Kappa used to cost $1K more than the standard edition!

Kappa_9A_2.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom