• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Please Post your Infinity speakers

He got the rack from me too. Was with a set I bought but didn't use it so I gave it to him for a symbolical 10 euro (price of a CD).

Tuner: B760 from ReVox: still mine, but he could use it because his tuner was away for cosmetical repairing.

Amplifier: B250 from ReVox. Now he has 2, I gave him my spare B250 for a symbolical ammount. Also the rare B200 timer unit (costs doubel of the amp normally, but found the amp+timer for the price normally the amps goes).

CDplayer: B226 from ReVox. He found that himself ;D

And then 2 casdecks, 1 H1 and 1 B215S, both ReVox and identical devices but different fronts. The H1 he bought to do me a favour, because I was in need for cash to finance another buy.

Yeah, I'm too good for this world. Not even mentioning what I gave my dad and my little brothers. And all that from a 19years old Student with no money :)
 
Not really nope.. I'm short on CDplayers as we speak so only radio and tape in the bedroom :P

Amps I have for spare, at least, till my IRS1.5 are finished, then my beast can get back to work. Because I believe he doesn't like it that calm. But can't borrow you that one... because it is my little baby (saved for it like ages and searched for it even longer :) )

Best regards
 
Irs Gamma's And Modulus

Bought Them Used About Seven Years Ago. They Required Refoaming By The Speaker Exchange And Some Minor Binding Post Repair. Picked Up The Servo Controller From Ebay And It Was Brand New From A Company Out Of Atlanta That Bought Infinity's Inventory. They Are Some Of The Finest Speakers I Have Heard! I Am Biamping With An Adcom Gfa5802 For The Mids And Tweets And An Adcom Gfa5500 For The Woofers. For My Theater Setup I Am Using A Pair Of The Modulus Satellites In A Push Pull Set To Mimic The Mids Of The Gammas. They Are Driven By Another Adcom Gfa 5500.
 
Hi there.. i'm own a reference 50 and hook up with sony str-dg910 receiver
but the bass is not good enough to satisfy me.
and i'm not sure which one is problem the speaker or my new receiver.
 
Hi there.. i'm own a reference 50 and hook up with sony str-dg910 receiver
but the bass is not good enough to satisfy me.
and i'm not sure which one is problem the speaker or my new receiver.

Specs from the Infinity website:
Frequency Response: 44Hz - 40kHz (+/-2.5dB)
Crossover Frequency(ies): 300Hz, 4kHz
Sensitivity: 90dB (2.8V/1 meter)
Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
Power Handling: RMS 25 -150 watts
Woofer: 20.3cm IMG
Midrange Driver: 12.7cm IMG
Tweeter: EMIT-R

Lack of bass could result from several things. First, these speakers are only rated down to 44 Hz, so they are not going to make prodigious amounts of deep, wall-shaking bass. They should, however, make enough bass to sound full. If you're looking for head-pounding, wake-up-the-neighbors bass, you need a separate subwoofer or much bigger (and much more expensive) speakers....and a BIG amp to drive them.

Here's a couple of questions and a couple of things you can try:

1) Are the woofer surrounds (i.e. the suspension at the edges of the cones) in good condition? If not, the sound may be muddy, flabby, or buzzy with diminshed output. The surrounds should be replaced if they are cracked, broken, damaged or just plain gone.
2) Are the woofers putting out any sound at all? If not, they could be damaged.
3) Make sure the speakers are wired in phase (i.e. positive wires go to positive terminals, negative wires go to negative terminals).
4) Your receiver is an HT rig, correct? I assume since you're lacking bass that you are not using a subwoofer. You might check your receiver's set-up to see if it is currently set up for a subwoofer, in which case it might be routing some of the bass output to a subwoofer that isn't there.
5) To reinforce the bass that the speakers are producing, place them closer to the wall behind them, but not so close that the bass starts to get boomy or muddy. You'll want to play with placement to get the best sound without overdoing it.

Hope that helps a little, and welcome to AK!
 
IRS Series III's in Bowling Green, KY

Here is my IRS Series III set up in Bowling Green, KY. Stop by some time and have a listen.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2439b.jpg
    DSCN2439b.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 418
IRS Series V's

My IRS Series V's in Clarksville, TN. Come by and listen.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2631b.jpg
    DSCN2631b.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCN2628b.jpg
    DSCN2628b.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 419
  • DSCN2629b.jpg
    DSCN2629b.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 307
Modified RS1b's

My Modified RS1b's in Clarksville, TN. Please come by an listen. You will be amazed.
 

Attachments

  • r5a.jpg
    r5a.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 112
  • r4a.jpg
    r4a.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 105
  • r3a.jpg
    r3a.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 144
  • r2a.jpg
    r2a.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 96
  • r1a.jpg
    r1a.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 215
  • r8a.jpg
    r8a.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 71
Quantum Line Source - Model 1

Sorry to say that I can not keep everything and these were sold to a very nice gentleman in Las Vegas, Nevada.
 

Attachments

  • b406_3.jpg
    b406_3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 60
  • b3b0_3.jpg
    b3b0_3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 72
  • b359_3.jpg
    b359_3.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 73
  • b303_3.jpg
    b303_3.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 136
  • b269_3.jpg
    b269_3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 92
  • bbc7_3.jpg
    bbc7_3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 51
  • bb64_3.jpg
    bb64_3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 78
  • bb09_3.jpg
    bb09_3.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 51
  • bab4_3.jpg
    bab4_3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 107
  • ba5c_3.jpg
    ba5c_3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 59
  • bc07_3.jpg
    bc07_3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 184a_3.jpg
    184a_3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 18a4_3.jpg
    18a4_3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 18eb_3.jpg
    18eb_3.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 193b_3.jpg
    193b_3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 2447_3.jpg
    2447_3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 52
  • 1a03_3.jpg
    1a03_3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 1992_3.jpg
    1992_3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 24dd_3.jpg
    24dd_3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 5b79_1.jpg
    5b79_1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 5bac_1.jpg
    5bac_1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 81
  • b460_3.jpg
    b460_3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 80
Goodness Gracious Those speakers really dominate a room. The make the NS1000 look like a very dimunitive speaker. I haven't seen these infinities in person but i presume that when you walk into a room with these infinities... Wham!
 
Sorry to say that I can not keep everything and these were sold to a very nice gentleman in Las Vegas, Nevada.
I'm glad to hear that as I was disheartened to have failed in helping out there.

I see two pairs of NS-1000s, what of the other eleven? :scratch2:

- JP
 
Completed (for now) my Infinity collection

Well well, if think for the time being I have completed my assembly of Infinity speakers to meet all my needs. I started with a pair of RS 7 Kappa's that I have had since the mid 80's as my primary speakers. These are great speakers and have been driven by an assortment of amplifiers from Carver to Brytson's, Onkyo's and finally a Threshold 400A. I have always used a Carver C1 pre-amp. (no jokes please).

I have been planning now for the last 18 months my home theater for my basement project and have been judiciously acquireing gear as deals became available.

I now have a great set of Renaissance 90's from AGon which will be the main speakers in the HT setup.
I have been able to find a pair and a single RS 6 Kappa to be the center and rear speakers for the HT. All from Ebay, but the pair was particularily sweet as the vendor had them listed incorrectly and they went for a steal. Perfect shape with the stands. The single Kappa 6 cost me more than the pair!:tears:

As all of you have experienced Infinities love current and so I have bought all Threshold amplification to drive these. The Ren's are driven with a Threshold S/500 II - 250 watts/ch 8ohm 500@4ohms rated. Modest current ratings of 20amps/ch peak. I have had this amp upgraded significantly a couple of months ago and the peak current was measured a little over 50 amps/ch.

The Kappas 6 will be driven by 2 Threshold S/300 II which are currently awaiting rebuild as well. (While the 6's won't require as much current comparably to the Rens, the rebuilt 300's should be able to peak around 30 amps/ch.

I have preliminarily tested the setup using the pre-out from an Onkyo HT reciever I have in my cabana. Pretty good would be an understatement. The voicing of the Kappas 6 makes a pretty good fit with the Rens.

I will post pics at a latter time

Great room system:
Infinity RS 7 Kappas
Threshold 400A amplifier
Carver C1 pre
Harmon Kardon Tuner
Oracle Delphi 2 turn-table
$27 no-name DVD player :scratch2:(sounds great don't laugh)

HT system so far
Mains - Infinity Ren 90's - Threshold S/500 II
Rears - Infinity RS Kappa 6 - Threshold S/300 II
Center - Infinity RS Kappa 6 - Threshold S/300 II

Scott
 
I have Infinity Renaissance 90 limited edition, black piano.
They are driven with Yamaha MX-1000 and Kenwood L-1000C as a preamp.

Great sound!

I love them!
 
Ohhhh. Its raining Rennaisance.

Congratulations sir Nailzgun on your completing your HT infinity set-up. :banana: I Once thought of doing that too on a very smaller scale. I got lost on the way.

Please post pictures of your HT set up. They should look and sound awesome.

Welcome to the forum dartman.

I checked out the limited edition of the Rennaisance on the infinity forum . They look like very very fine furniture. The SRP of the Limited edition was almost double the price of the standard edition. Wow!


Suggested price (pair): 5000 $ for standard version
9000 $ for limited edition in high gloss piano lack
 
Let's see ... I have a pair of Quantum 2s that I'm currently working with a third cabinet to convert to a mirror-imaged pair. There's also a pair of Reference Studio Monitors and RSbs (the next model down) in use as rear channels for the former and a bedroom system for the latter. I've also an extremely rare pair of ES-1 electrostatic headphones with the ME-10D energizer.

I'm a bit lacking for pictures, but here are my Quantum 2s in my system as it was way, way back in September 2004. Very much has changed since then as this was my first foray into good audio.
Quantum2old.jpg~original

The Q2s weren't fully operational at the time thanks to broken tinsel leads on the domes, but I was using the Watkins woofers as stereo subwoofers for the Magnepans. It was an excellent combination as Watkins bass is just as tight as it is deep.

And a picture of my pair of ES-1s. I've been having a bias voltage problem, so they're not working yet. I'm not going to give up on them, though.
ES1a.jpg


- JP
JP completely rebuilt these Quantum 2's, and I ended up buying them.

I love 'em!

YamahaDisplayCabinetview003.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom