• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Please rate these turntables

puffy09

Active Member
I have a Technics SL-23 and a Sanyo TP-626 . any opinions one which one I should keep? Both in 9/10 condition with entry level carts and stylus. Any help is much appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a JVC QL-F4 as my DD but I would like to keep one belt drive. Saving up $$ to help daughter get her first car.
 
Having used both, you don't have a preference for one or the other?

Of the two, Technics has the better brand name recognition, so I guess it would be slightly easier to sell.
 
Last edited:
If you are looking to sell, unload the Technics. It has better brand recognition for tables and will sell more easily. Plus, you'll be keeping what I suspect is the better table for yourself. Tecnics was never known for their belt drive designs while the Sanyo is a decent CEC made table. I suspect the CEC is a good bit heavier too, which I look for in vintage tables.
 
Back
Top Bottom