• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

POLK AUDIO SDA-1 Floor Speakers - $99 (N. Charlotte)

Register to hide this ad
Wowsers. I would almost jump on these, but they are Huuuge . Maybe I will...oh hell, 8ll try and grab them
 
Texted seller, no response yet. Thiugh, Monitor 10's are the right size. Got my eye on a set for $160. Monitor 12B's I can get for $300
 
or snells for 250!! And pretty sure GSO to durham is closer than gso to charlotte. Careful transporting those Polks... Can u say magnet shift!!!
 
I have had my fair share of magnet shift on these older polk type speakers..... Think I transported a pair of the (forget what the model was with 2 woofers and 1 passive and 1 tweeter) but now the woofer magnets shifted and they are froze. Then I got a pair of the smaller ones to try to swap out the drivers and THOSE magnets shifted too. Just can't win.. Must have been a manufacturers defect.
 
^^^^^^Lay them on their backs when transporting them as yes there is a documented issue with magnet shift on the older Polk speakers. I've moved several pair on their backs over the years and over some very rough roads. I've yet to have a problem thankfully.
 
I have had my fair share of magnet shift on these older polk type speakers..... Think I transported a pair of the (forget what the model was with 2 woofers and 1 passive and 1 tweeter) but now the woofer magnets shifted and they are froze. Then I got a pair of the smaller ones to try to swap out the drivers and THOSE magnets shifted too. Just can't win.. Must have been a manufacturers defect.
There's a good thread in Speakers about the process of realigning and regluing the magnets; the key is in building a jig to push and hold the magnet in the right place while the slow-set epoxy sets up.
 
I've had over few dozen pairs of Polk speakers.
Now I have one or two pairs.
Those vintage Polk are all due for maintenance plus sound is average.
Why spend time and effort to make them sound average while there are other great speakers available?
 
I've had over few dozen pairs of Polk speakers.
Now I have one or two pairs.
Those vintage Polk are all due for maintenance plus sound is average.
Why spend time and effort to make them sound average while there are other great speakers available?

Which polk models have you tried out? Just curious as I've yet to come across a pair of $99 speakers that can touch a set of stock SDAs.
 
That flipper will be the proud owner of those Polkies @ 450.00 for a long time... 300.00 I think would be fair! still 300% profit....
 
Back
Top Bottom