• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

POLL - What is your favorite integrated? Why?

Register to hide this ad
Vintage SS = My Pioneer SA-5800

New SS = My new Cambridge A500/s

Tube = My Antique Sound Lab AQ-1001 DT

Why? Cause they are mother beautiful amps!!:D

-Dave
 
Sherwood S5000II and Dyna SCA35. Based on results of listening to the H-K 630, I suspect the A402 would be on the list for SS. Always liked the Mattes integrated but these alre like hens' teeth today.
 
Harman Kardon A401.

Why ? Only vintage amp I've heard till now that matchs my wharfedale 8.1.

sadly, only a 2x20W. Nothing's perfect.

edit: that's why I need two of them :D
 
Last edited:
I really like my Kenwood KA-9150. Driving a pair of Large Advent's and Mission 700S. I prefer the sound of the Loudness 2.
 
Now thats a nice setup for a modest system....:boink:

That old 70s' styling was always better than a big ole black box..... :puke:.......... (ceptin' Sansui)
 
Thanks, too bad I don't have a digital camera. That setup is very nice. Mine is even more modest as I have a KT-7550.
 
my favorite amp has to be a au-717 sansui as i bought one in 1977 at the ripe age of 20 years old. i still own a au-717 till this day and will have one until i hit the pine box. i have roasted many a consumers ear drum with half volume runs on the au-717 and it would just beg for more!!!!!!!!!!!! also ive had a rotel ra 1412 that deserves mention as rotel made some very nice goods in the 70s as some folks overlook that era i just recently sold that on e-bay. last but not least i have a kenwood ka-9100 that is a sweetie and i do enjoy having a amp shootout between the sansui au-717 and the kenwood ka-9100!!!!!!!! bottom line there are so many treats out there its hard to answer your question but what ive listed here is a good start!!!!!!!!!!!! all 3 of these amps are reliable,powerfull and in there own way look beautifull and have there own personality,if i had to lean towards one of the 3 its the au-717 sansui i just have a love affair with that baby that doesnt seem to want to end!!!!!!!!! as i was 20 when i got my 1st and now im 46 and still own one!!!!!!
 
What's that Gary? You're sending me a dital camera for Xmas, how thoughtful. LOL

Greg
 
shure......why not....keep an eye on yer mail box......it might take a looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time...LOL...:bs:

if it aint there by christmas.........well....:dunno:
 
crankitup99- Just wanted to say that I commend you on your choice. I am a Sansui enthusiast and I have an AU-717 as well, it really is a superb amp, quite possibly THE most popualar amp that Sansui ever made for what it offered at its price level.

Regards,

B/F
 
hello beatlefred

well thanks beatlefred for your feedback,as you know im new in here and its nice to have someone respond to my ramblings. ive noticed ya in a number of sansui related questions and answer sessions and it refreshing for someone to take there time to help others. im sure as much as you get around you have seen and read a few of my auctions on e-bay i always try to put a little fun into it and try to offer nice clean equipment. ive had numerous pieces of stereo equipment since the 70s and my objective to joining karma is to offer whatever wisdom and opinion of certain vintage items ive owned to other people who havent had the opportunity to listen to certain vintage items,and of couse have the opportunity to rap to fellow vintage lovers such as yourself. one item that has eluded my grasp for some strange reason is the sansui ba-5000 which ive seen you own,my my that just has to be a heavenly piece one of these days!!!!!!!!!! regards the crankkkker
 
Welcome..crankitup.....its nice to hear someone that enjoys this place as much as I do ...
I know in the future ..........................Damn ...I lost my train of thought....well anyway...youll have fun here.........:beerchug: :rockon:
 
Back
Top Bottom