• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Portland Oregon?

Romeo Wolf

Super Member
I know there's a couple AK'ers who are Portland residents, except for me as I'm in the Vancouver/Camas WA area. Where are my fellow local AK members? Perhaps we can meet up someday :D
 
Register to hide this ad
Would like to get something going in the Southern Oregon area, Medford/Ashland.
I'm in the same local if you have something in mind pm me, I am more of a budgetphile myself since I listen near field. I have my gear posted in my profile just not into big dollar systems by choice.
 
I'm in a 116yr old house in downtown Medford, upstairs dormer, Vandersteen 2Ce II's sound fine in a "smallish" room, 13.5' x 13.5'.
 
I'm not a beer guy but I'd really like to bring my system (seeing as to how compact it is) to any upcoming events and see what some of you folks have to say about it. Especially since the weather is becoming nicer.
 
Another Portland thread here:

 
I'm also in Portland ! Younger guy myself . Current setup is two 1959 H.H. Scott 99d integrated tube mono blocks with ADS L620 speakers and 1974 Klipsch Heresy's. I make trips all the time ! Heading up to Washington this weekend to pickup a audio research LS-22 Tube PreAmp and Dynaco ST-70 amp ! Would love to meet up with any of you guys anytime ! I'm looking for Portland audio clubs myself as well !
May 23rd 1:49pm
 
I'm also in Portland ! Younger guy myself . Current setup is two 1959 H.H. Scott 99d integrated tube mono blocks with ADS L620 speakers and 1974 Klipsch Heresy's. I make trips all the time ! Heading up to Washington this weekend to pickup a audio research LS-22 Tube PreAmp and Dynaco ST-70 amp ! Would love to meet up with any of you guys anytime ! I'm looking for Portland audio clubs myself as well !
May 23rd 1:49pm
You should post us a video of your system in the "Show us Videos of your systems!" Thread :thumbsup::rockon: (https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...e-and-hear-them.782592/page-352#post-17129815)
 
New here. Older guy myself. Would love to meet up. I've got modern gear (NAD M10V2, Rega table, ZuAudio Soull 6) but am also looking to resurrect gear I purchased in the 80's. Would love to meet up.

older gear in need of revitalization
Well Tempered Record Player
Counterpoint SA-12 amp
Counterpoint 5.1 preamp
 
OMD LIVE - Grand Lodge Concerts in the Grove (Greater Portland)
Friday, June 13, 2025
Grand Lodge Concerts in the Grove
View: https://youtu.be/OuLrPi3SwiI
Grand Lodge - Grand Lodge Concerts in the Grove
5pm doors, 6:30pm show
All ages welcome
Share this event
Add to Calendar
View attachment 2104706
About Grand Lodge Concerts in the Grove
Concerts are held rain or shine. All Sales Are Final. No refunds.

Grand Lodge proudly hosts Concerts in the Grove, a Pacific NW outdoor summer music series.
Tickets are available at grandlodgeconcerts.com. Ticketing services provided by Etix.com (subject to service charge and/or user fee).
For complete information about the acts, the venue, what to bring or not, policies and more, please visit grandlodgeconcerts.com.
About OMD
View attachment 2104707
Please note: This show was originally scheduled at the Roseland Theater on September 13, 2024. All previously purchased tickets will remain valid at the Grand Lodge show in 2025.

By rights, Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark should be in semi-retirement, performing classics like Enola Gay and Joan Of Arc (Maid Of Orleans) on the nostalgia festival circuit like so many peers.
Instead, they've created a landmark album worthy of their finest work. Having made one of their most universally acclaimed albums last time out, when 2017's The Punishment of Luxury returned Andy McCluskey and Paul Humphreys to the Top Five for the first time since 1991's Sugar Tax, the duo have somehow managed to better it. Welcome to Bauhaus Staircase, both OMD's most explicitly political record and the crowning achievement of their desire to be both Karlheinz Stockhausen and ABBA.
The love shown for the last record meant there were doubts about making a new album at all. "The fans and the critics said: 'You can put Punishment up against their best work' and rated it next to Architecture And Morality or Dazzle Ships," notes Paul Humphreys.
McCluskey explains: "We've worked hard to rebuild ourselves since reforming, and we're in a wonderful position. We wouldn't forgive ourselves if we released an album where fans said: 'Oh no, this is the one where they're a pastiche of themselves.' "
"We might be seen as 'heritage', but we're not going to make a new album just so we can have a new logo on our T-shirts," insists McCluskey. "I'm very happy with what we've done on this record. I'm comfortable if this is OMD's last s
 
Swap Meet will be great. Please not Portland. At Least like suburbs such as Mcminnville, Some parts of West Linn, Lake Oswego, even Clackamas or..?
 
Back
Top Bottom