• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Possibly the most bizarre ad I've ever...

I have yet to receive an answer back but then again it is 1:00 am here and if I am still up on my time zones... it is possibly a different time where he is.:scratch2:
 
I sure hope this is a joke on his part or he is quite possibly the mostest stupidest person on the face of the earth.
 
i thought what hes doing was common practice, i have been doing that for years without a single issue!!




oh wait, I don't own anything with tubes...
 
"Dear sir:
Your ad states that you tested the tubes in a Scott amp prior to cleaning them. Could you please replace them in the amp and test them again? Just to see if they still work? If they do, I'd be very interested in the whole batch of them.
Thanks."
 
I'd ask him if he saved the vacuum inside them, in a little baggie, so it can be reinstalled. It's very important to have the original vacuum back after cleaning, and the tubes sound best if there is matching vacuum.

And, how much does he want for the Scott. Since it probably doesn't work. :D
 
Since the guy has a Scott amp and knows what tubes it takes. It stands to reason he also knows tubes won't work without vacuum.

He did however get a pretty good laugh out of this thread I'm sure.
 
We could tell the CLister that Scott is known for very durable amps and they play twice as loud when plugged into a 220VAC main - especially with those nice clean tubes installed.
 
I would think removing the vacuum would really "open up" the sound. think I'll try it with my Mullards when I get home tonight. Should I use a pipe cutter? Or maybe a jewelers file.
 
It's a joke (albeit a stupid one), and you all are gullible beyond belief.

Shhhh! You're supposed to play along....

I'm thinking something along the lines of: "Please tell me this is a great joke. Right? Right??".

That's what we're trying to find out.....

I'd ask him if he saved the vacuum inside them, in a little baggie, so it can be reinstalled. It's very important to have the original vacuum back after cleaning, and the tubes sound best if there is matching vacuum.

D

That vacuum probably originated back in the 60's or so...what a waste of good vacuum!:D
 
I have a puppy for sale for $100. I took its heart out to see if it worked...and it did...right up until I cut all these veiny things. So...now you can have the puppy for $50.
 
He clearly states "I carefully removed the glass on each tube". :scratch2:

He´s having a ball I tell ya.:yes:
 
I just flagged the ad.... For Best of CL.. :thmbsp:

I just showed it to my wife, and she said that's not a tube, there is no glass.. then had her read it... She laughed, and she isn't even a tube fan, other than loves the sounds of them... TOO FUNNY!
 
Back
Top Bottom