• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post a picture of your turntable

.

VPI HW19 mk something with Jelco 750


155324216.jpg



155324217.jpg



155357481.jpg
 
my old school turntables

These are my turntables. Pioneer pl 550 d and See Revolver with Mission Arm.
The first from the 70' the second from the 90'.

Ciao
 

Attachments

  • IMG_40.jpg
    IMG_40.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 113
TD 124 Mk II --The turntable is running perfectly now in a heavy plinth which I made from heavy steel (that was the right thing to do-build a heavy, sturdy plinth). Has an SME 3009 Series II arm mounted on it with a Sumiko HS12 head shell and cart is Pickering 380. Listening to Beauty and the Beard--the song selection is old classics of the 40's and 50's but lend themselves well to the jazz interpretation by Ann and Al.
 

Attachments

  • TD-124 II.jpg
    TD-124 II.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Pickering 380.jpg
    Pickering 380.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 63
Technics SL-1311...new upgrade this week...

p0kl.jpg


0irb.jpg


I gave the cover a good spray polish clean-up and swapped-out the AT12 cart (off my SL-Q2) for the AT440 you see here ...I liked the Q2 but the darn dust cover kept falling down, so this is a nice upgrade...and not just for the cover...
 
Last edited:
TD 124 Mk II --The turntable is running perfectly now in a heavy plinth which I made from heavy steel (that was the right thing to do-build a heavy, sturdy plinth). Has an SME 3009 Series II arm mounted on it with a Sumiko HS12 head shell and cart is Pickering 380. Listening to Beauty and the Beard--the song selection is old classics of the 40's and 50's but lend themselves well to the jazz interpretation by Ann and Al.


Nice vintage table and SME arm. I don't recall a Pickering 830 cart:scratch2: some of my vintage Pickering carts measured 380 with a meter.


EDIT I Googled it.

http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=62290
 
LAB3: That is one of Pickering's first magnetic stereo cartridges, introduced about 1959/1960 and replaced in 1963 with Stanton 500 Series. It's confusing, since it's called a Model 380 Stanton, but it's really a Pickering.It's a really "BIG" sounding cartridge, smooth, mellow but I hope someday to find the gold stylus. Scarce and really scarce!!!
 
Here's 3 of them, from the left: Elac Miracord 45, Garrad Lab 80 I, VPI Scoutmaster.

Not in the picture...Dual 1019 and Elac Miracord 50H

 


VPI Classic 1. Just got this last week. Right now I am running a Dynavector 20x2L into a Nakamichi CA-7A @ 30ohm and 100pf. Interconnect is an Avanti Allegro.
 
Back
Top Bottom