• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pretty Darn Happy... a/d/s Score

FredC

Well-Known Member
I scored these today. They're just too darn pretty and sound so fine. They go great with my "Walkin' in the door front hallway" system.

a/d/s L-710

ADSL710002.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
nice

Congrats, I scored a pair of those recently.
Absolutely great sound!
Quickly became one of my favorite speakers.
 
That's one speaker I've always wanted to try but they go for crazy money around here. Very nice setup, although maybe I'd move the TT away from the speakers to cut back on any acoustic feedback and to give the Technics receiver a little air (I guess I have a tendency to crank things up a bit!).
 
That's one speaker I've always wanted to try but they go for crazy money around here. Very nice setup, although maybe I'd move the TT away from the speakers to cut back on any acoustic feedback and to give the Technics receiver a little air (I guess I have a tendency to crank things up a bit!).

Its just a little system I keep by the front door for when I'm barbecuing or sitting on the porch. I change it up all the time. The speakers are usually on stands - I just stuck em up there for the photo. Here's the REAL system...

STEREO003.jpg
 
Those L710's look very nice! How are the grills?

Dave

Grills and badges are perfect. I had them outside drying after washing off the dust. They're the earlier cloth grills which I totally prefer over the later generation metal. Whoever had these took great care of them. There's not even a speck of dust on the goo-coating on the mids and tweets.
 
Its just a little system I keep by the front door for when I'm barbecuing or sitting on the porch. I change it up all the time. The speakers are usually on stands - I just stuck em up there for the photo. Here's the REAL system...

Schweet! :music:
 
Grills and badges are perfect. I had them outside drying after washing off the dust. They're the earlier cloth grills which I totally prefer over the later generation metal. Whoever had these took great care of them. There's not even a speck of dust on the goo-coating on the mids and tweets.
Wow, very sweet indeed! I have their older cousins, Braun/ADS/ARIA L700A's, which truly surprised me with their sound. Mine lack the mid driver of the L710's, so I can only imagine that yours sound somewhere between my L700's and L1090's. A very nice place to be! Just for comparison, here are my L700's:

l700_01.jpg


Dave
 
The mids are great but those tweeters are the bomb. In that pic of my main system, the bookshelf's up top are a/d/s L-400's. I basically have them up there JUST to get the tweeter. Being separated from the main drivers by a few feet really makes a nice difference.
 
Being separated from the main drivers by a few feet really makes a nice difference.

how so? Usually it is considered the best practice to locate the drivers as close as possible.

What are those other two speakers in the main system pix? Odd balls. Interesting.
 
The stacked cabs are Rogersound Labs Nevada XT's. The bottom Cabs are ESS Daytona's. Since that pic was taken I've replaced the woofers in the ESS with Klipsch Heresy 12's. The Heresy woofers use a folded surround so its a better match with the Nevada's. Everybody has their own power amp so they all play nice with each other.
 
Last edited:
Very nice find. They are really superb sounding and sleepers IMO. In a smallish room, they are killers.
 
Grills and badges are perfect. I had them outside drying after washing off the dust. They're the earlier cloth grills which I totally prefer over the later generation metal. Whoever had these took great care of them. There's not even a speck of dust on the goo-coating on the mids and tweets.

The cloth grilles filter the air and keep stuff from collecting on the mids and tweets. My 710s also have cloth grilles and clean drivers.
 
I guess a/d/s figured that out and eventually lined the metal grills with cloth. Mighty redundant. I suppose it protects the speakers better but sure looks like hell if they get the slightest bend or dent.
 
Back
Top Bottom