• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pyramid T1 tweeters

Register to hide this ad
Ouch, Those Ribbons have seen better days... :(

How do they sound?

I've owned over twenty different brands/models of Ribbons, But I've never seen these in person.

Someone was trying to stabilize the ribbon on this 6K$ ebay set.

Check out the transformer secondary winding~~!

You will need to measure the thickness of the Aluminum and also take into account the stiffness before and after running it through a Crinkle press. (I bought one on ebay).

It's fairly easy because it's so big! Your cutting a new ribbon then adding the Crinkle to it.

The Allen screws hold it in place.

I'd start by measuring the resistance, Unfortunately it requires specialized equipment.

It's probably in the 2 to 50 MilliOhm range. Last picture is one of the meters I use,

VICI VC480C+ 3 1/2 4 Wire Digital Milliohm Meter Multimeter 100$.​


s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

w1n1uBIfvv4xqapUaAnBw9-U.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg
 
Last edited:
I work in a guitar shop and one of our customers passed. His wife brought them in wondering if we could help her sell them.
The project is a little out of our wheelhouse as we do guitars and tube amps.
I was thinking there might be someone out there that would like to buy them as a resto project.
Any idea what would be a fair asking price for them as they are?
 
If they make sound put them up on ebay for 3,000$ or best offer.

Lower the price every few weeks.

Cool tweeters.
 
These ribbon T-1s are part of the Pyramid Metronome System.
Designed by one of the most respected men in Hi-Fi. Dick Sequerra.
Wildly expensive when new, highly sought after by those in the know.
His company was in College Point, Queens N.Y.
A neighbor of mine worked there. She told me years later that she installed ‘tin foil’ in loud speakers.
I own a pair of the Met7s that were part of the system. Outstanding performance for a small enclosure.
Plenty of info out there on these speakers and their designer.
And yeah….. they do bring big serious money.IMG_0396.jpegIMG_0397.jpeg
 
I really appreciate the input!
It would be nice to see them go to someone who would really have a use for something like these.
I’ll do a little more research and obviously see if they operate.
My tube amp bench takes plenty of time these days so I’ll likely sell them as a project providing they make sound.
 
Back
Top Bottom