• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

Here is mine, as finished...3 heavy coats of primer, then two coats of the final green and semi-gloss white (to hide raggey edges etc).

I put a light (LED, so no is heat generated, even if you forget to turn it off for days at a time) in the bottom, as I keep the "Analog Den" rather sparsely lit....

Just what I needed to seperate the Jazz/New-Age from the 1500 or so classic rock titles.

I plan to decorate the two front panels, but have not finalized my design yet, figured it could be done in place :-)

10180252016_543a5f60dc_b.jpg


.
 
Last edited:
Showed the one kid, she's in a cabinetry shop at trade school, so she's gonna cut the sheets at school from school stock. I'll pay when I pick the pieces up. The other kid and I get to stain, assemble, and finish. Showed wife, she fist-bumped me, so we're all in!

I'll keep these units in my office and put the expidit in the LR to hold more albums and the gear out there. 3 of these will fit my office fine.

Anyway, thanks for the posters with the plans, we'll certainly be putting them to use.
 
If you have a circular saw, I recommend one of these for straight accurate cuts. It is well worth the money.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=25134&site=ROCKLER


They are a great tool to have in the collection and Harbor Freight has there version, I have both of them and the work great, plus they come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY as well.

50" clamp $19.99 http://www.harborfreight.com/50-inch-clamp-and-cut-edge-guide-66581.html

and a 24" for $9.99 http://www.harborfreight.com/24-inch-clamp-and-cut-edge-guide-66126.html
 
All Done

Walnut plywood
Maple ply base
Maple edge banding
Bottom shelf is drawer for easier access. 110 lb rated.

finished in 2 coats of watco and 1 coat briwax
 

Attachments

  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 946
  • image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 982
  • image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 836
Last edited:
Walnut plywood
Maple ply base
Maple edge banding
Bottom shelf is drawer for easier access. 110 lb rated.

finished in 2 coats of watco and 1 coat briwax

Nicely done. I really like the drawer shelf!
2008 and this is your first post? I guess you are pacing youself!
 
Lear2000, that came out super nice, wish I had though about the pull out drawer for the bottom, that is sweet
GREAT JOB
 
Fantastic Job, lear2000!!!

I love the pull out drawer, too and wish mine had it!

Wow, great idea and great execution!!

Cheers and Happy New Year!!

Walnut plywood
Maple ply base
Maple edge banding
Bottom shelf is drawer for easier access. 110 lb rated.

finished in 2 coats of watco and 1 coat briwax
 
Looks great JazzVinyl! Mine is still stock plywood, I haven't painted it, but I put wheels on it. I like the LED light, I'll have to do that as the room is a bit dark.
 
This is an awesome design and I'll be attempting it soon. If I understand correctly, it seems like glue and some minor screws are all that's needed to hold this bad boy together? I'm not sure what color i'll be staining it but I've been reading through this thread for a few weeks/months and am ready to begin my attempt.
 
Built one...

Last spring I modified the original blueprint and only built the top tier portion since I didn't have that much vinyl. I've since already filled it up and it's spilling over, so now I'm gonna need to build the vinyl rack to original specs (as per to the beginning of this thread page 1). LOL!

What a wonderful design. Kudos to whoever posted the idea... :)

6470_10200845836401304_1756196588_n.jpg

1005257_10200845836281301_2078306723_n.jpg
 
my model is complete but now I'm wishing this had maybe 1 or 2 dividers to help decrease leaning. anyone got an idea for adding dividers?
 
Just wanted to post my recently-built LP bins here:

1hrmuo.jpg


Really happy with how they turned out. Thanks to everyone that contributed in this thread!
 
Great work guys!

Here's my version. I never saw this thread and just saw them on the lpbin website and decided I wanted to take it a step farther and add some drawers with dividers to hold all paraphernalia that goes along with turntables and albums. I lined the drawers with black velvet as in a jewelry box. They are made out of baltic birch plywood and finished with ebony stain and polyurethane.

DSCN0349.jpg


DSCN0351.jpg


DSCN0350.jpg


I also made a matching wall rack for cds and dvds

DSCN0352.jpg
Outstanding!
 
Back
Top Bottom