• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

I am going to build one in early spring when the weather breaks. and then I will sell my vintage record cabinet.
 
i kept putting it off as I figured I would screw it up but it turned out to be easier than I thought. I had it cut at Lowes and then just had to do a little trimming at home. I started by drilling and screwing it together. This i took it apart and stained it. Then I put it back together with just a few screws and then replaced all of the screws with Miller Dowels and glue. And just to be safe I added a few small L brackets to the inside just to add a little more strength. I also didn't make it as deep. I cut the depth down 4 inches so it will only hold about 350 to 400 albums. I'd rather have it fit in the spot better. I'll be building another one soon to go on the other side of the clock. Now I need to build something for CD's, anyone have any plans for one of those :)
 
A user a few pages (and years...) ago posted pictures of his/hers. Apparently, it had a top (to put the record player on) and a "now playing" shelf to rest the album sleeve. Those pictures are gone. Anyone have an idea how that would be assembled? Cause that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Just to preface, I have absolutely zero woodworking experience, creativity, and imagination.
 
Just thought I would add my record stand to this post. Not bad for my first wack at this. As soon as I finish washing the rest of my lp's I think I will need to build another one. Red Mahogany. Oh, and my big box store made 6 cuts for me free of charge. To my surprise the wood didn't splinter bad but guess what, each cut was off on the measurements so I had to recut each piece myself with my skill saw. I'm looking at a rough capacity of 400 plus. Not bad. The biggest plus is I think the Misses likes it :beerchug: Great Thread. Thanks to all of you that gave their ideas.

DSCN1199.JPG
 
Finally finished mine today. Wish it was a shade or two darker, but it will serve its purpose of holding all of my country, Motown, and oddball stuff. Not perfect, but it could be worse.
57AB8248-B760-433D-9D90-8C23E272ED62_zpsf3xiitxi.jpg

I just added a LED puck light in the bottom compartment. Makes a huge difference!
 
Last edited:
Hey folks,

I'm not on here much these days but I'm still an audio fan playing vinyl through tubes. There have been a few changes to the site since I was here last. I can no longer edit the first post and photobucket stopped allowing 3rd party sharing. apparently The images no longer show up and I can't edit the post to correct it. I'm sorry about that. It does look as though all the drawings are up for the most part. I must have uploaded them to the post here. Sorry about that.

I still pop by now and then to check this thread and see what is being built. They all look awesome. With any luck I'll be buying a house in the next couple months. If that works out, I'll be posting my own build this winter.

Sorry about the messy first post and thanks for being awesome and building this thing I drew. Keep the pictures coming.

PJ
 
Wait, come back sxty8goats!

Good to hear from you!

I still haven't built one of these awesome things, but I plan on it.
 
Back
Top Bottom