• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record Store Day list has been published..

El Pee

Super Member
Hopefully everyone's store will have plenty of copies of everything they want...

recordstoreday.com
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm going to be camping that day.:tears:
Trying to get my Brother-In-Law to hook me up with some titles.
Some good stuff in there.
 
Some good stuff but not nearly as much as I would have thought for having nearly 400 titles this year.
 
Im liking this year alot. Plenty of good titles, at least ones I like. Hoping to score most of the really limited stuff that I want, along with the more regular releases.
 
it seems like every year more and more of these RSD titles are showing up as regular releases later on turning the RSD event into more of a "premier" then an "exclusive". unless of course you have to have the "numbered" editions. Johnny Cash, Velvet Underground Acetates and the Grateful Dead all come to mind from the Black Friday RSD 2012. besides, every day is RSD in my world... nonetheless Ill prob go and get irritated by the crowd like I do every year
 
Personally I think RSD is getting a bit to big for what it was meant to be. Most stores cannot afford to get everything nor even half of it.
 
Nothing for me on that list.:no: Not the first time either. RSD has morphed into something it was not meant to be I'm afraid. It's a real shame.
 
Bunch of sour pusses, enjoy it for what it is, it wasn't that long ago something called Record Store Day would have not even been a possibility, if you can't even find a 7" single that makes you smile a little bit then I guess it just isn't for you.
 
No problem for me finding a few:

Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me
Brian Jonestown Massacre: Fist Full Of Bees/Food For Clouds
Country Joe and The Fish: I Feel Like I'm Fixin To Die
Greatful Dead: Rare Cuts & Oddities 1966
Pink Floyd: See Emily Play b/w Scarecrow
Roky Erickson: Mine Mine Mind b/w Bloody Hammer
Rolling Stones: 5 x 5
The Cal Tjader Trio: The Cal Tjader Trio (Fantasy 3-9)
Van Dyke Parks: Song Cycle
The Three O'Clock: Live at The Old Waldorf 2/9/82
Various Artists: The Rough Guide To Psychedelic Brazil
Various Artists: The Rough Guide To Latin Psychedelia
Various Artists: The Rough Guide To African Disco

maybe:

The Flaming Lips: Zarieeka
The Dave Brubek Trio: Distinctive Rhythm Instrumentals (Fantasy 3-2)
 
The Notorious B.I.G. - "Ready to Die" (2 x 12" White Vinyl, 2850 Copies Only)

This one is a possibility, but not if it's compressed like most modern rap remasters are. I guess it depends on which label did it and who mastered it (I think the vinyl remaster from back in '01-'02 was brickwalled). I'll have to look into it further. I really just need to break down and find the original double-LP. With rap stuff, usually I'm happy with just the CD, but certain albums are worth going the extra mile, and this is one of them.
 
That remonds me, I have to get to the local store and make sure they order a couple of titles.

I am hopeful on a couple of titles that I want because I don't see many people mentioning them. And they seem to be rather low numbers this year. At least the one I am looking for.




.
 
The Notorious B.I.G. - "Ready to Die" (2 x 12" White Vinyl, 2850 Copies Only)

This one is a possibility, but not if it's compressed like most modern rap remasters are. I guess it depends on which label did it and who mastered it (I think the vinyl remaster from back in '01-'02 was brickwalled). I'll have to look into it further. I really just need to break down and find the original double-LP. With rap stuff, usually I'm happy with just the CD, but certain albums are worth going the extra mile, and this is one of them.

I agree with that. But it looks like it's a reissue of the early 2000 version. "out of print for a decade" is what several sites are saying about it.
 
That remonds me, I have to get to the local store and make sure they order a couple of titles.

I am hopeful on a couple of titles that I want because I don't see many people mentioning them. And they seem to be rather low numbers this year. At least the one I am looking for.




.

You should have done this a couple of weeks ago. The orders have already been placed.
 
Back
Top Bottom