• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RS 3b or 4b

mbeigh

Active Member
Would a Project One Mark 1500 adequately ower either of these speakers? Don't know many specs on the P-One except 150w per channel.

Thanks,
M Beigh
 
Register to hide this ad
Neither is a "very" difficult load, but I would not try it with a vintage receiver unless it was well rated into 4 ohms. They love an amp with lots of current to snatch the bass by the nape of the neck and make it behave properly. I too am not familiar with the amp you asked about. HTH
 
Do a search. Seems like gordon or echowars or merrylander has misgivings about the haflers http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-12485.html I guess it was GordonW. I have used NAD and Adcom with both my IIIbs and 4bs. Right now I use the nad 2600 with the 4bs. The 555 with the IIIbs. I don't know if Gordon's opinion is widespread, but I for one value it. Don't push with the Hafler for sure.

Bill
 
Back
Top Bottom