• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rush: A Musical Journey

Seems appropriate to drop this here. They all get played on a regular basis:

IMG_7737.jpeg

IMG_7738.jpeg

Mostly all I listen to these days. Definitely gets more than 95%of my spin time. Having them out on display certainly encourages that as I walk into the room, see an album, think to myself “that would be just right right about now” and that leads to another…and another…and another…and….hey, what do you mean it’s 12am?

;)

Main wall is studio albums (most are first press), TT wall is 40th anniversary stuff.

I tried to capture some of The Professor's love of hiding different meanings in things with the displays. You’ll see groups of 3 in several directions and the top and bottom rows are arranged in a 2-1-1-2 theme. I also kept the three albums post “Neils ride” out on their own wall as that’s a significant period for Neil and the band. It’s also a group of three, which worked out nice.

Still hunting for 4 in vinyl: Roll the Bones, Test for Echo, Counterparts and Snakes and Arrows. Have them on CD, but still hunting for the albums for the wall.

Tour albums are on the shelf with my other band’s LPs. Just no room for them to be on display. It’s pushing the limits of “too much” as it is. RUSH is my “go to” music, but I don’t want to look like one of those people who are “crazed” about a particular band. I wanted the display to have a little “class” and structure about it. More would just push it into the full on “junky” look. Might be there already for some people…meh, I’m good with it.

Most of them are first press vinyl, or at least bought at the local record store when I was young and each were released. Couple are represses, but that’s because I lost some in the great divorce bonfire of 2002 (bitch). She tried to play the “woman scorned/I’m the victim” card when I found the woman I should have been with all along and ended it…that lasted up to the point where I pointed out I knew about the affair she had hidden ten years prior and didn’t say anything about it. That marriage was dead long before it legally ended…

But she didn’t get my first press debut album, 2112, Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Power Windows, or Hold your firs and almost all the tour albums made it, which was all a relief. Still, first press Fly by Night and a hard to find first press Caress of Steel went into the flames….

Close up of the center shelf:

IMG_7827.jpeg

Pearts promark sticks (litho’d sig), metal picks with engraved sigs (Ged and Alex) Moving Pictures 40th Ann Red Barchetta die cast car+stand and scale models of Geddy’s jazz bass and Alex’s Gibson from Axe Heaven. Speaker risers have Neil’s DB5 in one, His GS1100RS in the other. His silver split-window Stingray is on the Sansui. I’d like to get die cast model of all his “Silver Surfers”, but some of those cars are fairly rare and generally not made in die cast.

Of course, I have the documentary DVD’s as well.

I bought thier debut album when I was 9 years old in 74 with my “chores” money. Been hooked ever since….that the band is Canadian and proud of it…just as I am…only cemented the bond.

:)
 
Last edited:
Seems appropriate to drop this here. They all get played on a regular basis:

View attachment 3394270

View attachment 3394271

Mostly all I listen to these days. Definitely gets more than 95%of my spin time. Having them out on display certainly encourages that as I walk into the room, see an album, think to myself “that would be just right right about now” and that leads to another…and another…and another…and….hey, what do you mean it’s 12am?

;)

Main wall is studio albums (most are first press), TT wall is 40th anniversary stuff.

I tried to capture some of The Professor's love of hiding different meanings in things with the displays. You’ll see groups of 3 in several directions and the top and bottom rows are arranged in a 2-1-1-2 theme. I also kept the three albums post “Neils ride” out on their own wall as that’s a significant period for Neil and the band. It’s also a group of three, which worked out nice.

Still hunting for 4 in vinyl: Roll the Bones, Test for Echo, Counterparts and Snakes and Arrows. Have them on CD, but still hunting for the albums for the wall.

Tour albums are on the shelf with my other band’s LPs. Just no room for them to be on display. It’s pushing the limits of “too much” as it is. RUSH is my “go to” music, but I don’t want to look like one of those people who are “crazed” about a particular band. I wanted the display to have a little “class” and structure about it. More would just push it into the full on “junky” look. Might be there already for some people…meh, I’m good with it.

Most of them are first press vinyl, or at least bought at the local record store when I was young and each were released. Couple are represses, but that’s because I lost some in the great divorce bonfire of 2002 (bitch). She tried to play the “woman scorned/I’m the victim” card when I found the woman I should have been with all along and ended it…that lasted up to the point where I pointed out I knew about the affair she had hidden ten years prior and didn’t say anything about it. That marriage was dead long before it legally ended…

But she didn’t get my first press debut album, 2112, Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Power Windows, or Hold your firs and almost all the tour albums made it, which was all a relief. Still, first press Fly by Night and a hard to find first press Caress of Steel went into the flames….

Close up of the center shelf:

View attachment 3394273

Pearts promark sticks (litho’d sig), metal picks with engraved sigs (Ged and Alex) Moving Pictures 40th Ann Red Barchetta die cast car+stand and scale models of Geddy’s jazz bass and Alex’s Gibson from Axe Heaven. Speaker risers have Neil’s DB5 in one, His GS1100RS in the other. His silver split-window Stingray is on the Sansui. I’d like to get die cast model of all his “Silver Surfers”, but some of those cars are fairly rare and generally not made in die cast.

Of course, I have the documentary DVD’s as well.

I bought thier debut album when I was 9 years old in 74 with my “chores” money. Been hooked ever since….that the band is Canadian and proud of it…just as I am…only cemented the bond.

:)
Beautiful setup. Love it.

It's OK to admit you're a fanboy! :rflmao: I finally did and feel much relief. :biggrin::music: Ya don't have to have everything, but having a lot is pretty dame cool. :thumbsup:

That's a Moon pressing of the first record??? If so....:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
 
Beautiful setup. Love it.

It's OK to admit you're a fanboy! :rflmao: I finally did and feel much relief. :biggrin::music: Ya don't have to have everything, but having a lot is pretty dame cool. :thumbsup:

That's a Moon pressing of the first record??? If so....:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Not completely sure. Says “MN-100-B” in the dead wax. says “A moon production” on the jacket back, but also has a “mercury” label printed on it. I’d say the mercury label indicates its not what you’re thinking it might be.

All I know is I bought it the first week it came out at my local record store in 74…was one of the first bought off the rack in that store. Been with me ever since. That’s why its valuable….to me that is. Even if it does have a few blemishes from young fingers handling it…

;)

Not a “fanboy”, but I am a fan. There’s difference. At least there is in my mind. Fanboy has always had just a little bit too over the top meaning to it for me. You know: those types who are like “I’ve seen them in concert 150 times and am following them on every stop on this tour too”! Spend your money how you wish, but that type of thing is just too over the top for me. Or they show up at the hotel when they leave for the concert and follow them back after. “Fanboys” just go too far to me.

I’ve just been following them from the start and like the music. Never even been to a concert. It just never worked out for me and then Neil was gone….. RIP.

Ergo: “Fan”, but not “Fanboy”.

:)
 
Last edited:
Not completely sure. Says “MN-100-B” in the dead wax. says “A moon production” on the jacket back, but also has a “mercury” label printed on it. I’d say the mercury label indicates its not what you’re thinking it might be.

All I know is I bought it the first week it came out at my local record store in 74…was one of the first bought off the rack in that store. Been with me ever since. That’s why its valuable….to me that is. Even if it does have a few blemishes from young fingers handling it…

;)

Not a “fanboy”, but I am a fan. There’s difference. At least there is in my mind. Fanboy has always had just a little bit too over the top meaning to it for me. You know: those types who are like “I’ve seen them in concert 150 times and am following them on every stop on this tour too”! Spend your money how you wish, but that type of thing is just too over the top for me. Or they show up at the hotel when they leave for the concert and follow them back after. “Fanboys” just go too far to me.

I’ve just been following them from the start and like the music. Never even been to a concert. It just never worked out for me and then Neil was gone….. RIP.

Ergo: “Fan”, but not “Fanboy”.

:)
I joke regarding fanboy. ;) I call folks who show up a hotels and seen them 150 times "Crazy" Haha.

The Moon pressing has this label.
1736562091585.png
Saw one last year in VG/VG- condition and the asking price was $400 Canadian.
 
I joke regarding fanboy. ;) I call folks who show up a hotels and seen them 150 times "Crazy" Haha.

The Moon pressing has this label.
View attachment 3396052
Saw one last year in VG/VG- condition and the asking price was $400 Canadian.
Yep, I was looking it up while you were typing. Mine is Mercury. Different center paper label. So I guess first press Mercury label is a more accurate description for mine.

Like I mentioned, doesn’t matter. I’ve had mine since I was 9 years old, which is what makes it valuable to me.


I’d say I’d never pay 400 for a record, but I did pay a little over that for the Moving Pictures deluxe box set, soooo…..yeah….. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, the Signals box set was pretty close too….yeesh, not making my case very well here am I…..lol!
 
Yep, I was looking it up while you were typing. Mine is Mercury. Different center paper label. So I guess first press Mercury label is a more accurate description for mine.

Like I mentioned, doesn’t matter. I’ve had mine since I was 9 years old, which is what makes it valuable to me.


I’d say I’d never pay 400 for a record, but I did pay a little over that for the Moving Pictures deluxe box set, soooo…..yeah….. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, the Signals box set was pretty close too….yeesh, not making my case very well here am I…..lol!
The Moon pressings are very scarce. I live in the same province as the band and that was the first time I'd ever set my eyes on one and I've been collecting since I was 12ish. Been collecting for approx. 45 years now.
Those box sets get out of hand in price real quickly. :oops:
I probably have far more RUSH things than I really need but you know. When the itch needs to be scratched... Shall we call ourselves fanboy wannabees? :rflmao:
 
Yes, they sure have gotten out of hand price wise.

Signals was likely my last box set. Moving Pictures was worth it to me because of how much material was in it along with lots of “swag”.

Just the anniversary re-release albums from now on I think. Don’t need the rest of the swag.

Just can’t get along with the “fanboy” label in my head. Brings up images of those comicon type people….
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom