• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui AU 20000 restoration - many... many pictures

Kale, your work is inspirational and I love following every detail of your work.

I hope you make enough profit on your work to keep you in glasses for many more years to come!
 
Best thread I've read in a long time. Your restorations are masterpieces and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Keep them coming, Kale! :yes:
 
Thank you!

Thank you everyone for the kind words written about my work. The next big project will be one AUX1... but in the mean time, I must do some job on the one AU317, and BA3000...

So, I hope that will be more threads like this.

Thank you again!
 
Very impressive.That amp looked to be in pretty poor shape internally.What do you think caused it? Being in an area of high humidity?Spilled drinks or just normal aging.
 
Very impressive.That amp looked to be in pretty poor shape internally.What do you think caused it? Being in an area of high humidity?Spilled drinks or just normal aging.

No... I think that amp had some problem with bad contact in the past... so, at that time, technicians didnt have contact spray like we have today. For that purpose, technicians have used WD40 which is not good in electronics, so because of that, those connectors and boards was so greasy.
 
The End

One picture for the end :D

PICT0539.jpg
 
Kale, great work and thanks so much for your thread. It hasn't been two weeks and there have been almost 4,000 reads! Obviously a lot of interest.....

Happy listening:music:
John
 



Great job Kale!!

Greece gives 12 points to ...Croatia!!!:thmbsp:


RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:​

Make it 24 points from Greece. This is not a mere Eurovision (ergo the points) song though, it is an ode to the Art of Restoration.

My deepest respects and gratitude for this thread, Kale.
Looking forward to the AU-X1.
 
Thanks for sharing the journey and the pics. Thanks a lot indeed.

At last we have the pictures to see these great works of art.
 
Kale,

If your ever in the States let me know, i'll buy you a beer. Excellent craftsmanship!!!:beerchug:

I wonder what shipping a 9090 to Croatia would cost?:scratch2::D
 
I see, this threat is still active :)
Thanks again for yours support!

Kale,

If your ever in the States let me know, i'll buy you a beer. Excellent craftsmanship!!!:beerchug:

I wonder what shipping a 9090 to Croatia would cost?:scratch2::D

My daughter is currently in USA, in San Francisco area, and she has great time there...
I know how much will cost shipping that kind of equipment to Croatia. I have bought from USA G7000, G8000, G22000! Believe me, I spent a lot of money for shipping!
But, I think 8 or 10 years before, it was not like noways... I can remember for example shipping for G7000 from USA to Croatia was only 68 US$, but by boat. I got that receiver for two and half months, but again, it was really cheap!
 
Last edited:
I see, this threat is still active :)
Thanks again for yours support!



.... I got that receiver for two and half months, but again, it was really cheap!

Wow...that must have been a row boat.:)
 
Last edited:
Now that's what I call a restoration. I've NEVER seen such attention to detail. How on earth were you able to clean the contacts in the switches and potentiometers like you did? I've disassembled my fair share of such parts but was never able to get the contacts looking like you have.
 
Now that's what I call a restoration. I've NEVER seen such attention to detail. How on earth were you able to clean the contacts in the switches and potentiometers like you did? I've disassembled my fair share of such parts but was never able to get the contacts looking like you have.
Only few blokes around the Globe have such dedication as he has. This is not only restoration work. This is pure art.
 
Back
Top Bottom