• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui au717 or au7900

Ok,so I bought both,900.00,
Was looking forward to the 717 but had 7900 45 years ago.
Hooked 7900 up a couple days ago and loved the sound so much,with the nostalgia and all,that I really don't want to hook up the other but I know I have to.
So, what are your impressions of each now, nearly a year later? Thx!
 
Thanks for the late interest.
The 7900 don't seem to have the clean top end BUT do smooth if you don't listen to earbleeding music.
I use the 7900 for my Steely Dan type of music.
Thanks very much for the experienced impressions. May I ask what sorts of music you prefer through the 717?
Do you listen to much female vocal or orchestral music, and which of the two amps best suit those types?
Cheers, Rob
 
Thanks very much for the experienced impressions. May I ask what sorts of music you prefer through the 717?
Do you listen to much female vocal or orchestral music, and which of the two amps best suit those types?
Cheers, Rob
I have 2 pair of Hereseys so all vocals sound very good.
I listen to 60s thru 90s classic rock.
Heart,Boston,Kansas are the types of bands for my 717....smoother rock like Doobies,Petty,etc for the 7900.
 
I have an AU-7900 and AU-517, which I guess won't be too different from am AU-717.

I much prefer the AU-7900, and it's brethrens. My AU-517 is more detailed and clean sounding, but just a bit souless. I mainly listen to Jazz. Even thinking of selling it now, although it is in immaculate condition

I also have an AU-6900, 5900 and 6600 and they all sound very similar. Love them all, especially my AU-5900. I also have a fully restored AU-555a which I just don't like so much - too bright sounding. Never gets any playing time.
 
Back
Top Bottom