• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui Model 8 Decked Out in LED's!

hadrian333

Active Member
This Sansui Model 8 was converted to LED's. All fuse lamps and bipin lamps were used for the modification requiring no drop resistors.
 

Attachments

  • Sansui Model 8.jpg
    Sansui Model 8.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 276
Register to hide this ad
Nice receiver. Thanks for the tip. That is why I love Audiokarma! I'll have to order some of those LED's for my next relamping project.
 
Same seller, same great (but Marantz blue) result. I installed them tonight. :thmbsp:

 
Its quite expensive...

Depends on how you look at it. LED's will last about forever. When I got my Kenwood 4600, one of the 40 year bulbs in one of the meters was out and I replaced it. A few days ago, the other meter light went out. I decided to just relamp the whole thing. My incandescent lamps cost me 60 cents each from Radio Shack and maybe I will get another 40 years from them. I would have to relamp them 8 times to break even on price. So, after 320 years, I would be ahead with LED's. I will take the chance.
 
Back
Top Bottom